The Centre for Human Rights, Faculty of Law, University of Pretoria, South Africa, is now accepting applications for the Class of 2023’s degree in Sexual & Reproductive Rights in Africa (SRRA).
This scholarship is intended to bolster the Sexual and Reproductive Rights in Africa Programme of the Centre by developing a specific emphasis on examining culture and/or criminalisation as part of broader discourses on sexual and/or reproductive rights in the African region. The scholarships include school fees, travel, living expenses, and other incidental charges.
- Type: PhD
- Organisation: University of Pretoria
- Country to study: South Africa
- School to study: University of Pretoria
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: March 15, 2023
See Also: University of Melbourne 2023 Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholarship, Australia
About the University of Pretoria
The University of Pretoria (UP) was established in 1908 with four professors and thirty-two students in the little home Kya Rosa. Nowadays, it is one of South Africa’s largest research universities.
The University of Pretoria has evolved into a vibrant university community of staff and students from a variety of diverse backgrounds and cultures that represent South African and global societies.
The University was founded with the intention of fostering great education and innovative thought. Throughout its history, and through many phases of political power and societal development, UP has remained committed to academic excellence.
Selected candidates would be expected to remain in Pretoria (South Africa) for the duration of the scholarship and to contribute to the Centre’s work (for about 25 hours per week). Ideally, the time of residence would begin in May 2023.
Also Check: University of Edinburgh 2023 The Catto Combined MSc and PhD Scholarships, Centre of African Studies
- A Master’s Degree in law or the humanities that focuses on sexual and/or reproductive rights or is closely related to the topic.
- Excellent proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Outstanding skill in academic research
- Interest in and knowledge of sexual and reproductive rights
- A basic understanding of the African human rights system
- Capacity for both autonomous and collaborative work
How to apply
All inquiries and applications must be submitted to Dr. Satang Nabaneh at [email protected] by March 15, 2023.
March 15, 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading:
- TWAS-SN Bose 2023 Postgraduate Fellowship Programme
- International Ambassador Scholarship for International Students at UWL 2023
- Boston University 2022 Trustee Scholarship for Undergraduate Students