Kahui Legal and Taihonoa are offering the Victoria University of Wellington 2023 Excellence Scholarship to offset the costs of fees or other course-related costs for a student who has demonstrated academic excellence in their first year.
Kahui Legal and Taihonoa have funded this scholarship to encourage and financially support the successful pursuit of tertiary qualifications and leadership development for Kahui Legal.
- Type: College School
- Organisation: Victoria University of Wellington
- Country to study: New Zealand
- School to study: Victoria University of Wellington
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: January 24, 2023
The scholarship is worth $5,000 and will be applied to fees or other course-related costs. This is a one-year contract, and successful students may reapply.
If a student drops out of full-time study, the scholarship will be terminated. Scholarship recipients are strongly encouraged to make a positive contribution to the University marae by volunteering some of their time to support the role and function of supporting the M?ori community at Te Herenga Waka.
- Applicants need to whakapapa as M?ori.
- Applicants need to be an enrolled full-time student of Te Herenga Waka – Victoria University of Wellington.
Documents Required for Application
- Provide a personal statement introducing themselves to the Grants Committee, as well as a commitment from the student to ‘give back’ to Kahui Legal in the future, and how they intend to do so.
- Provide written and signed references (from non-whanau sources) attesting to the students’ deservingness of the scholarship. Referees must state their relationship with the student (for example, former dean or teacher, sports coaches, church or cultural/marae/iwi leaders, employee) and outline the student’s skills, talents, or personal qualities that they have observed.
How to apply
On the closing date, a completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 p.m. Applications that are late or incomplete will not be accepted. To be considered, any required supporting documentation (including references) must be received by 4.30 p.m. on the closing date.
Applications are typically open one month before the closing date. If there is no application link provided below, please return closer to the closing date. If you have any questions, please contact us.
For more details visit: Victoria University of Wellington website.
January 24, 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading: