The Fellowship Program is supported by the Federal Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany, who is an active participant in the program. Each year, the German Chancellor’s Office may bestow up to sixty fellowships, with a maximum of ten fellowships going to any one country.
Would you be interested in carrying out a project of your own choosing that contributes to your professional growth, is commensurate with the norms of society, and leaves an indelible mark on the general populace?
Do you have an interest in actively participating in an international network of real leaders? In that case, the next logical step in your professional development would be for you to apply for and get a German Chancellor Fellowship through the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
- Fellowship Sponsor(s): German Chancellor
- Host Institution(s): Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: All study levels
- Duration: 12 months
- Nationality: See Eligibility Criteria (below)
You MayAlso Like: Edith Cowan University International Masters Scholarship in Australia for 2022/2023
This German Chancellor Fellowship brings you to Germany for a year to carry out a project that you have created. We will assist you in networking with international future leaders in order to identify fresh solutions to today’s global concerns. We provide you with the following services:
- a monthly fellowship grant of 2,170 euros, 2,470 euros, or 2,770 euros, depending on your level of education and experience.
- individual support during your time in Germany, as well as an intensive language course before you start your fellowship and financing for German courses during your fellowship.
- additional financial assistance, such as for accompanying family members, travel fees, full private health insurance, or a German language course
- collaborative activities where you may engage in professional and personal intercultural interaction with other year group members while also learning about German culture and society
- networking activities that allow you to operate in peer groups and organize smaller networks with other fellows on your own,
- a two-week study tour of Germany, as well as several events where you can meet other fellows and representatives from German businesses and institutions
- extensive alumni sponsorship, ensuring that you maintain long-term relationships with your German cooperation partners throughout your professional career
A monthly allocation of 500 euros will be given to your host university for research fees.
Requirements for the German Chancellor Fellowship
Regardless of industry, the German Chancellor Fellowship supports future decision-makers, multipliers, and thought leaders. If you meet the following criteria, you may apply:
- hold Brazilian, Chinese, Indian, Russian, South African, or American citizenship
- work in a field such as politics, business, media, administration, society, or culture and have verifiable initial leadership experience
- will have completed your first academic degree (Bachelor’s or comparable degree) no more than twelve years ago when you start your fellowship .
- wish to operate a self-developed project in Germany with a host of your choice
have an excellent command of the English and/or German languages
See Also: Australian Queensland University of Technology Scholarships 2022/23
How to Apply for the German Chancellor Fellowship
If you’re interested in the German Chancellor Fellowship and meet the requirements, click here to apply.Before you apply, talk to your preferred host about the specifics of your project.
Only apply online to the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation with all of the required documents.
- a letter of intent: Describe what motivates you, your prior leadership experience, and your career objectives.
- project plan: Before applying, provide a summary of the project you have prepared and agreed upon with your intended host. Why is your project of societal significance, and how will you develop bridges in the future between Germany and your native country?
- a detailed declaration with mentorship agreement from your German host
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak to your professional, personal, and/or academic experience, no older than one year.
Note that the online application form includes upload links for letters of recommendation and personal statements. Please forward these links as quickly as possible to the necessary parties. Once we have received all of the required documents, we will send you a confirmation email.
For further inquiries, please visit here.
Application Deadline: October 15, 2022
See What Others Are Reading:
- Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships for International Students at the University of Oxford 2022/2023
- William Boyd Dawkins Scholarships for International Students at University of Manchester, UK 2022/2023
- International Excellence Scholarships in Psychology at the University of Leeds in the UK for 2022/2023