The American University Washington College of Law is glad to provide LLM Scholarship Opportunities to professionals who demonstrate financial need as well as academic merit who are eligible for one of the scholarships.
Candidates are only allowed to submit an application to one of the available scholarship categories. These scholarships are solely applicable to the cost of tuition, and due to the limited amount of money available, priority will be given to students who submit their applications early. Only one scholarship category can be applied for at a time by candidates.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): American University Washington College of Law, USA
- Scholarship Type: Tuition Award
- Host Institution(s): American University Washington College of Law, USA
- Scholarship Worth: 100% Tuition Fee
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Masters
- Nationality: Domestic & International Students
About The American University Washington College of Law
The American University is a public research university in the United States American University’s law school is Washington College of Law. The college is located one block south of the Tenleytown-AU Metro station on the western side of Tenley Circle in the Tenleytown neighborhood of Northwest Washington, D.C.
The American Bar Association has fully accredited the college, and it is a member of the AALS. U.S. News & World Report ranks the Washington College of Law as the 73rd best law school in the US, including highly rated specialist programs in Clinical Training (#3), Trial Advocacy (#3), Part-Time Law (#5), International Law (#7), and Intellectual Property (#8).
The first law school founded by women, the first with a female dean, and the first to graduate an all-female class, Washington College of Law was established in 1896.
In the 2012 AUAP rankings, the college’s Master of Laws (LL.M.) program was ranked 13th nationally. The Washington College of Law was ranked 47th in the 2012 Top 70 Law Faculties in Scholarly Impact by the Brian Leiter Law School rankings.
In 2008, the college was ranked as the sixth best legal school for Hispanic students by National Jurist. It also ranked Washington College of Law as the country’s fourth best public interest law school.
Among the 197 schools ranked by US News & World Report, Washington College of Law is ranked 81st. The specialized programs in college clinical training, part-time law, international law, intellectual property law, health care law, and trial advocacy are ranked third, fourth, sixth, eleventh, and twelveth in the country, respectively.
Washington College of Law, on the other hand, offers programs in human rights and public interest law. Students who complete unpaid summer internships with public interest organizations are eligible for grants from the campus Equal Justice Foundation (EJF).
With 30 percent of the student population going abroad each year, the college’s study abroad program is considered as one of the best in the country. It was named one of the “most robust study abroad programs out of the 200 U.S. law schools” by the National Jurist in 2012.
In approximately 18 nations, scholars can study law for a semester. Summer programs are also available at Washington College of Law in Chile, Europe (London, Paris, Geneva, and The Hague), Turkey, and Israel.
The LLM Scholarship Opportunities cover the full cost of tuition.
You May Also Like: DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship Programme 2022 | Fully Funded
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for The American University Washington College of Law Scholarship Opportunities:
- Applicants must be students from either the United States or another country.
- Applicants from poor countries, as well as those from diverse or underprivileged backgrounds, are encouraged to apply.
- Students who have exhibited a strong desire to work in the public interest or for the government following graduation;
- Students that excel academically and are passionate about the topic of international copyright law.
- Exceptional LL.M. students with the potential to become leaders in their fields of study or practice.
- Students who demonstrate academic proficiency and commitment to a topic of public importance.
How to Apply
All candidates are automatically assessed for a Merit Scholarship when they submit their application, so they can be considered for LLM Scholarship Opportunities.
Learn more about the LL.M. Programs at American University Washington College of Law’s wide range of scholarships and grants.
For more information, visit here
See What Others Are Reading:
- The University of Birmingham Metallurgy and Materials International Achievement Scholarships in the UK for 2022/2023
- Queen Mary University Of London UK DeepMind Scholarships 2022/2023
- Kent Law School UK LLM Global Welcome Scholarship (Canterbury) 2022/2023