Australia Awards Scholarships invite applications form to international students who are interested in study of Australian Institution.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Participating Australian Institutions
- Location: Australia
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Engineering & Technology
- Business & Law
- Medical and Applied Sciences
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Human, Health and Social Sciences
- Program Period: Depends on the chosen degree.
- Deadline: August 29, 2023
Students who receive an Australia Awards Scholarship can expect the following benefits from their education:
- Full tuition fees
- A contribution towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
- A single round-trip, economy class airfare from and to Australia using the most direct route is all that is required for return air travel.
- Bimonthly contribution to basic living expenses (CLE) — a rate specified by the department – is a fortnightly payment.
- Fees for pre-course English
- Students are required to complete an Introductory Academic Program (IAP) prior to beginning their formal academic studies in Australia.
- A scholar’s academic achievement can be ensured or improved with the use of additional academic support.
For qualifying research students, one return economy class flight via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia may be granted for fieldwork (for research awards and Masters by coursework that have a research component when fieldwork is compulsory).
Australia Awards Scholarships applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for a scholarship:
- Language Required: English
- Countries Eligible: Citizens of one of the participating countries in Asia, Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East.
- age 18 or older on 1 February of year in which scholarship begins
- Be a non-citizen of Australia, have no legal status in the country, or be applying for a visa to settle permanently in Australia.
- Reside in and apply from their place of citizenship, which is recognized as a participant country on the Australia Awards website.
- In order to be eligible for this program, you must not be in a de facto relationship with an individual who is an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident at the time of your application (except for Cook Islands, Niue and Tokelau residents with New Zealand citizenship who can apply for a Student visa [subclass 500]
- To be eligible for another Australia Awards Scholarship, previous awardees must have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of their total time in Australia (for example, a previous award recipient of an Australia Awards Scholarship in Australia for four years will not be eligible to apply for another Australia Awards Scholarship until they have resided outside Australia for eight years).
- Not be a current member of the military
- Have met any specific criteria established by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship (for example, having worked in an appropriate sector for a certain number of years)
- To obtain a Student Visa, you must be able to meet all of the Department of Home Affairs’ requirements. If the recipient is unable to meet the visa requirements, the Program Area may be forced to withdraw an award offer.
- Applicants must notify the Program Area of any connection or relationship to Program Area staff (including locally engaged staff at post) or managing contractors so that the application can be managed properly and transparently.
How To Apply
- You must read the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook. The handbook provides information including general eligibility requirements, selection processes, entitlements and responsibilities. Note that the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade may revise and update the handbook at any time without notice. Some countries encourage and allow you to apply online while others require hard-copy applications. See your participating country profile for more information.
- So that the application can be handled in a fair and open way, applicants must tell the Program Area about any connections or relationships they have with Program Area staff (including locally engaged staff at post) or managing contractors.
- Click the link Below to Apply online
See What Others Are Reading