Scholarships for International Students in the Australian Government’s Research Training Program (RTPS)
Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships are available to outstanding international graduates from any country who wish to pursue a Master’s or Doctorate degree in research at University of Adelaide.
Applications open: 14 March 2022
Applications close: 1 July 2022
Payment per year: $28,854 (2022 rate)
Duration: Up to 3.5 years for a PhD, up to 2 years for a Masters
Degree: Postgraduate Research
Citizenship: International Students
Type of Scholarship: Academic
Available In: All Faculties
Must Read:10 Qualities of An Emotionally Mature Partner.
This university scholarship is fully funded and provides successful applicants with:
a living allowance of:
- Full-time students will receive a tax-free stipend of $28,854 per year.
- The half-time student stipend will be $14,427 per year.
Allowance for Publication
- Doctoral students receive $840.
- $420 for students pursuing a Master’s degree through independent study
Trending: Relationships: Dos And Don’ts.
- There is an RTP Fee Offset for all students (or Tuition Fee Waiver for international students in receipt of a University of Adelaide Research Scholarship)
- Support for an OSHC (Overseas Student Health Coverage) policy in the global health care system
- A student who relocates to Adelaide to commence their program of study at the University of Adelaide is entitled to receive a relocation allowance. They must complete the Relocation Allowance Claim Form within 3 months of travel.
Applicants for this scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- an RTP Scholarship, an overseas sponsored Scholarship, or any other Commonwealth Government award intended to offset HDR fees, be ineligible at the time of application.
- take up the proposed degree without receiving a comparable award (scholarship or salary) (equivalent being defined as greater than 75 percent of the base stipend).
- maintain ‘international student’ status for the duration of their enrollment at the University.
- allow students to begin their research in either the first or second semester of their senior year (Mid-Year Round).
- To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must demonstrate that they have met the English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the deadline.
How To Apply
To submit their applications using the online application system, candidates who meet the requirements and are interested in the scholarship must first click the “Apply” option.
See what others are reading
- University of Waterloo Scholarships 2023 (Fully Funded)
- Yale University Scholarships 2022 (Fully Funded)
- The University of Birmingham Metallurgy and Materials International Achievement Scholarships in the UK