Bournemouth University Sports Scholarships; Bournemouth University is now accepting applications from qualified students for their Bournemouth University Sport Scholarships. It is a fully funded scholarship available to all students.
University or Organization: Bournemouth University
Course Level: Undergraduate or postgraduate level
Awards: £500 to £5,000
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Up to 50
Nationality: UK/EU or international applicants
The program can be taken in the UK
Application Deadline: If your class starts in September, the deadline is August 31; if in January, it’s November 30.
The Bournemouth University Sports Scholarships are offered to high-level athletes who want to enroll in either the undergraduate or postgraduate programs at BU to further their education.
You have the opportunity to apply for the scholarship, which will give you the financial support you require to develop your athletic skills and take them to the next level.
Applicants have the opportunity to apply for financing of up to $5,000 and may use this money for any combination of the following: training, equipment, competition entry fees, travel expenses, or support services.
Applicants are required to compete at the regional, national, or international level in their chosen sport, demonstrate excellence in that sport, and be a member of a regional, national, or international squad.
Athletes who are awarded scholarships will, however, be expected to compete for Bournemouth University in the BUCS program (both in league and individual competitions), in addition to competing for themselves and/or their club at regional, national, or international levels.
Additionally, individual athletes will need to be at a level of performance that allows them to compete with the best performers within the BUCS program.
In addition, if you are granted a scholarship, you will be required to attend at least 75 percent of the training sessions, represent the university in sporting competitions when it is feasible, and meet with the Sports Performance Manager to discuss how the funds will help you throughout the year.
In addition, if you are awarded a scholarship, you will be featured in marketing materials and raised the profile of SportBU’s activities.
You are required to attend our trial process and be evaluated by our coach in order to be considered for a sports scholarship at Bournemouth University. This is a requirement of your application.
If you are applying for a sport that is not part of our performance BUCS program, you will need to confirm that two references are supplied along with your application.
You must make sure that your application is backed by a reference from a High-Performance Coach or a National Governing Body coach.
About Bournemouth University
Bournemouth University is a public institution of higher education that may be found in Bournemouth, England; however, its primary campus can be found in the town of Poole.
Although the university was not founded until 1992, the institution that would later become its progenitor had its beginnings in the early 1900s.
There are about 16,000 students enrolled at the university, including more than 3,000 students from other countries.
The work that Bournemouth University has done in the field of media has garnered a lot of attention.
Former students of Bournemouth University have contributed to the production of a number of Hollywood movies, including Gravity, which was honored with an Academy Award for Achievement in Visual Effects at the 86th Annual Academy Awards ceremony in 2015.
In the Teaching Excellence Framework, a government review of the quality of undergraduate teaching in universities and other higher education providers in England, Bournemouth University was given a silver rating in the year 2017.
This rating indicates that the university’s undergraduate courses are of an acceptable standard.
The university was included in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings for the first time in the 2015/2016 academic year, where it was given a ranking of joint 401–500 in the world and 57th among universities in the United Kingdom.
In addition, Bournemouth University experienced a brief ascent in national rankings.
For example, in 2016, the university moved from 65th to 54th place in The Complete University Guide, from 71st to 63rd place in The Guardian University League Table, and from 88th to joint 82nd place in the Sunday Times Good University Guide.
In addition, the substantial compensation increases that were granted to John Vinney, the Vice Chancellor of Bournemouth University, were warranted after an assessment of the aforementioned progression.
The recipients of the Bournemouth University Sports Scholarships will receive up to the amount of funds necessary to purchase equipment, pay for travel expenses, pay for coaching, pay entry fees for competitions, and pay for support services.
Eligibility for Bournemouth University Sport Scholarships
- The applicants need to demonstrate a high level of athletic ability.
- The candidates need to demonstrate a desire to improve both in terms of their academic performance and their athletic prowess.
- The applicants should also consider applying to Bournemouth University’s undergraduate and postgraduate programs that require full-time attendance.
- Candidates for the sports scholarships offered by Bournemouth University should be at the top of their game in whatever discipline they choose to compete in.
- It is expected of the applicants that they will be members of the regional, national, or international squad, and that they will compete at the appropriate level.
- As part of the application process for the Bournemouth University Sports Scholarships, the applicants need to demonstrate that they have participated in the trial procedure and have been evaluated by the coach.
- Applications need to have a High-Performance Coach or a National Governing Body coach backing them up.
- If the candidate’s chosen sport is not part of the BUCS curriculum, each candidate is required to send in two references.
How to Apply for the Bournemouth University Sport Scholarships
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity, applicants are required to take admission in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the university. After that, they can complete the application for this award.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates will be asked to provide the statement of purpose, letter of motivation, a copy of passport, and curriculum vitae.
- Language Requirements: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
Application Deadline for Bournemouth University
If your class begins in September, the application deadline is August 31, and if it begins in January, the deadline is November 30.
See what articles: