The Chinese Trade Unions Silk Road Scholarship (CTUSRS) is a dedicated project for trade union officials primarily from countries along the “Belt and Road” to develop friendly relations between trade unions of China and other countries, enhance friendship between the Chinese working class and other working classes worldwide, and contribute to world peace, development, cooperation, workers’ rights and interests, and social progress.
CTUSRS will assist scholarship winners in studying Chinese as scholars in the PRC for one year. CTUSRS will be funded by the All-China Federation of Trade Unions (ACFTU). CTUSRS offers a full scholarship award that covers all program-related expenses such as tuition, housing, comprehensive medical insurance, stipends, and a one-time international round-trip air fare.
- Type: Postgraduate
- Organisation: Chinese Government
- Country to study: China
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: Not Specified
About the Chinese Government
The Chinese Government Scholarship—Chinese University Program was established by the Ministry of Education (MOE) to assist Chinese universities in specific provinces or autonomous regions in recruiting outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. Since 2008, the MOE has authorized USTC to recruit full-time master’s and doctoral students under the Chinese Government Scholarship.
- Stipend: During the scholarship period, registered scholarship students will receive a monthly stipend from their host university. Students who register on or before the 15th of the month will receive the entire month’s stipend. Those who register after the 15th of the month will receive half of that month’s stipend. Graduating students will be paid a stipend for the next half-month after graduation. If a registered student is absent from China for more than 15 days for personal reasons (excluding school holidays), his or her stipend will be suspended.
- Tuition: Tuition will be entirely covered by the CTUSRS program and funds will be directly allocated to the host universities.
Accommodation: CTUSRS recipients will be provided with free university dormitory and funds will be directly allocated to the host universities.
- Medical Insurance: The CTUSRS program covers it. Please visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and refer to Comprehensive Insurance & Protection Scheme for Foreigners Staying in China for more information on insurance policies and claims.
- One-time International Round-trip Air Fare: The ACFTU will use the fund to support CTUSRS recipients’ round-trip air fares (Economy Class) between their home country and the city of the host university. CTUSRS recipients will receive return tickets only after completing their studies.
Applicant of CTUSRS should meet the following criteria:
- A citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, preferably one of the countries along the “Belt and Road” Initiative;
- Physically and mentally healthy;
- At least a high school diploma and under the age of 45;
- At least one year of relevant work experience, preferably in China-related matters;
- Not receiving a Chinese government scholarship at the same time.
Documents Required for Application
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English);
- Notarized highest diploma. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- Academic transcripts. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English). This should be a minimum of 500 words.
- Valid documents of your legal guardians in China (only required for applicants under the age of 18).
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form, (written in English, only required for applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months, can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org); The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicants are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- A resume or CV including the educational background and working experience after high school (Upload to “Other Supporting Documents” in the CGSIS-Chinese Government Scholarship Information System).
How to apply
For more details, visit Chinese Trade Unions Silk Road Scholarship
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading: