The MOFCOM Scholarship-CSC Program was established by the People’s Republic of China’s Ministry of Commerce to strengthen communication and cooperation between China and other countries, as well as to develop talents for developing countries.
Since 2015, the MOFCOM Scholarship-CSC Program has primarily sponsored young and middle-aged talents from recipient countries to pursue postgraduate degree education in China. The Scholarship is administered by the China Scholarship Council.
- Type: Postgraduate
- Organisation: Chinese Government
- Country to study: China
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2023
About the Chinese Government
The Chinese Government Scholarship—Chinese University Program was established by the Ministry of Education (MOE) to assist Chinese universities in specific provinces or autonomous regions in recruiting outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. Since 2008, the MOE has authorized USTC to recruit full-time master’s and doctoral students under the Chinese Government Scholarship.
- Students are exempt from tuition fee, teaching material fee, research and survey fee, allowance of English-taught program, dissertation guidance fee;
- Free on-campus accommodation;
- Monthly stipend:
- 36000RMB per year per master student,
- 42000RMB per year per PhD student;
- 36000RMB per year per master student,
- One-off resettlement fee: 3000RMB per person;
- Free medical insurance for international students;
- One-time round-trip international airfare for all students (fly to China after enrollment and return to home country after graduation), and a maximum of “n-1” round-trip international airfares for home visits (one time per year set at the end of an academic year)
- The annual review is required of all students. Those who pass the review may continue to receive full scholarships the following year.
- Other expenses are to be managed and used by the Ministry of Commerce or the universities as a whole, rather than distributed to students. The Ministry of Commerce only provides financial assistance to students for the duration of their academic enrollment. Students who postpone their graduation will no longer be sponsored.
- be a citizen of a developing country other than the People’s Republic of China, and under the age of 45;
be healthy physically and mentally with a physical examination report issued by a local public hospital, and not having any disease or situation listed below:
- Diseases prohibited by Chinese Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Laws and Regulations
- Other severe chronic diseases like high blood pressure, cardio-cerebrovascular disease, diabetes; psychological diseases; or other infectious diseases which may harm public health
- In recovery period after major surgery or acute disease attacks
- Severe physically challenged
- with at least three years’ working experience, and be a bachelor’s degree holder when applying for master’s program; be a master’s degree holder when applying for doctoral program;
- be incumbents with a relevant educational background or working experience to the applied program are preferred;
- be public officials of division level and above (or corresponding level) in government sectors, or senior management staff of organizations and enterprises, or academic backbones of universities and research institutions;
- be sufficient in English which meets the academic requirements of the program, be equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 80 and above level;
- be with the potential of professional development, and is committed to promoting the friendly exchanges and cooperation between the host country and China;
- be neither studying in China nor being admitted to other scholarship programs provided by Chinese government.
Documents Required for Application
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Ensure you have both submitted it online (visit www.campuschina.org, click “Scholarship Application for Students”) and printed the hard copy. For more application instructions, please check Attachment I;
- Photocopy of highest diploma;
- Photocopy of academic transcripts;
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal, plus a resume including the educational background and working experience after high school;
- Two recommendation letters, including one from current employer and one from academic perspective;
- Photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form;
- Photocopy of the English proficiency certificate;
- Photocopy of a valid passport;
- Non-criminal Record Report. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non-Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application.
How to apply
For more details, visit campus china
March 31, 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading: