The Hohai University Scholarships for International Students are currently accepting applications from suitably qualified applicants for the 2022/2023 academic session.
These scholarships are intended for international students who wish to enroll in China for master’s or doctoral level studies. Scholarships are available to students from other countries who wish to pursue their education in China.
The scholarships include not only those offered by the Chinese government but also those offered by the Chinese University Program (Type B), the Hohai University Scholarship, and the Nanjing Municipal Government Scholarship.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Chinese Government, Hohai University, Nanjing Municipal Government
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded.
- Host Institution(s): Hohai University, China
- Scholarship Worth: Not specified
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters and PhD
- Nationality: International Students
Hohai University is widely regarded as one of the premier educational establishments in China. There are currently 75 state key institutions in China, including Hohai University. Each of these universities is directly supervised by China’s Ministry of Education. The Chinese government and the institution have worked together to establish a scholarship program for graduate students at the university that is open to students from other countries.
Chinese Government Hohai University Scholarship, Nanjing 2023 (Fully Funded) is available to take Graduate level programs at Hohai University.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
- The first-class scholarship covers tuition, housing on campus, full health insurance, and a monthly stipend.
- The second-class scholarship covers both tuition and living on campus.
- The tuition is included in the third-class scholarship.
- All Nationalities except China.
- Non-Chinese citizens who are in good bodily and mental health and who are in possession of a valid passport are required to obey Chinese laws and regulations as well as respect Chinese traditions and customs.Citizens of China who have also held citizenship in another country are required to comply with the appropriate requirements set forth by China’s Ministry of Education.
- Applicants for the master’s program should be under the age of 35 and have a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree. Applicants for the doctorate program should be under the age of 40 and have a master’s degree or an equivalent degree.
How to Apply
To apply to Hohai University, you fill out their online application via. http://admission.hhu.edu.cn and pay the application fee.
- Scan of the passport (valid till August 30, 2023);
- Scanned versions of all original certificates and degrees beginning with the undergraduate degree (Chinese or English translations); Those to be graduating must produce proof of current school graduation.
- Scanned versions of the actual transcripts, listing all undergraduate courses (Chinese or English translation);
- Curriculum vitae (Consecutive study experiences since undergraduate. Those who have studied in China must have a complete academic background.
- Scanned copies of the China-related visa and residence permit, as well as all study experience documentation. Alternatively, upload your passport if there is none;
- A personal statement or study plan with a minimum of 800 words;
- English language competence certificate (applicants from non-English speaking countries are needed to submit TOEFL, IELTS, or other evidence of English proficiency);
- Two letters of recommendation from associate professors or above in a relevant discipline (English or Chinese versions);
- Form for Foreign Physical Examination (see Attachment 1) The applicant must closely adhere to the list when conducting the examination. The outcome is valid for 6 months.
- Financial proof (either a family deposit certificate, a property certificate, or a parent/guardian income certificate, with a minimum of $5000);
- Catalogue and abstracts of any published papers;
- Non-criminal record (graduates may offer evidence of good performance at their current university);
- Personal commitment signed (see Attachment 2);
See What Others Are Reading:
- University of Macau China Bachelors and Masters Scholarships for International Students in 2022-23
- American University of Beirut Mastercard Foundation Scholar Programme USA for 2022/2023.
- Coventry University in England UK International Pathways 2022 Scholarship