Things you must have as a fresher during screening in Delsu has been a big concern that has come up in recent conversations among freshers who have recently been admitted into Delsu.
We were inspired to write this article after interviewing various freshers who recently got admission into the prestigious Delta State University about their screening exercise.
As simple as the question may sound during the interview, we understood that many freshers have no idea on the Delsu must have documents for freshers during screening they are expected to have or bring for and this has made lot of freshers go through so much stress.
Delsu must have documents for freshers during screening
We have compiled a list on the Delsu must have documents for freshers during screening after been admitted.
People often ask the following question;
- What is Delsu screening
- Is there any difference between Screening and Post UTME?
- Is it a must to go through screening after been admitted?
What is Delsu screening
Delsu screening is just a way of checking if the information that was given to the school about the student is correct. this is just another way of the school to know if the candidate is actually eligible for the admission.
Some freshers often get scared when it comes to screening with the thought in mind that they are going be facing another exam during the screening exercise.
The screening exercise is just a physical exercise and the only examination that is going to be conducted is just physical and not written in any form.
Is there any difference between screening and Post UTME?
The answer is yes there is a difference between screening and Post UTME.
Post UTME is the exam conducted by the University for candidates who meet the cut off mark for the required university. while The only thing that is checked during screening is the applicants’ UTME scores and SSCE grades, this is done Physically.
Screening in Delsu can be Examination of students’ qualifications, Candidates credentials Registration, Presentation, and Submission Online, etc.
Is it a must to go through screening after been admitted?
In a prestigious school like the Delta State University, after getting the required cut off mark and becoming eligible for admission, it is required that you go through the screening exercise. The screening process is just another way to know if you are Physically eligible to become a student in the prestigious school. It also help the institution to be ensured that they are admitting the right student. The level of your screening process depends on the entry requirement of your chosen course of study.
This brings us to the most important question what are the Delsu must have documents for freshers during screening?
Delsu must have documents for freshers during screening
During the screening, you first have to go through the schools departmental screening then after that you will go through the faculty screening. From there, your documents will be moved to the school’s exams and record which will lead to the processing of your matriculation number. Without Matriculation number, you will not be considered as a student of the prestigious Delta State University.
The following are the delsu must have documents for freshers during screening;
- SSCE O level Result: This includes you WAEC, NECO or GCE result. It is the first thing a fresher should have when coming for the screening exercise. As a fresher, you will be asked the original documents of the above mentioned result if it is up to four years that you wrote the O level examination.
If it is not up to four years that your wrote the exam, you will be screened with the O level statement result issued to you by the school where you wrote the examination.
- School Leaving Certificate: It can also be referred to as your school leaving Testimonial. As a fresher, you are expected to come with your Testimonial during the screening process. If the SSCE result you are using is either WAEC or NECO, the name of the school that appears on your Testimonial must be the same as the name of the school on your O level result. If you are presenting a GCE result, you have no problem but it is advisable that you come along with your School leaving Certificate.
- Admission Letter and UTME result: The admission letter is issued by JAMB after passing the UTME examination. You are expected to bring this letter along with your original JAMB result (UTME result) which can be gotten form any Cyber Cafe.
- Birth Certificate: We do not need to explain what birth certificate is. Every fresher is expected to present his/her birth certificate during the screening exercise. If you do not have your birth certificate for any reason, you will need to swear an Affidavit in a Magistrate Court. So you can present that affidavit in place of your birth certificate during screening.
NOTE: If you are presenting affidavit or your birth certificate, make sure the name on those certificate corresponds with the name on your O level result.
- Acceptance Fee Receipt: There will not be any screening if you have not paid your acceptance fee. You will be asked to present a receipt of the payment of your acceptance fee. The receipt will be accept by your screening officer before you are giving a screening form.
- The Local Government of Origin Certificate: This is a very important certificate that is required during your screening. This is because it carries a full information about your identity. Your local Government of origin certificate can be gotten from your state local government.
- Reference Letter: This is a letter that is gotten from and signed by either an Imam, a pastor, or a person on high position. This letter is required by the prestigious Delta State University during your screening exercise.
With this, we believe that we have been able to provide an answer to the question “what are the Delsu must have documents for freshers during screening”.
See what others are reading;