Delsu Post UTME Past Questions and Answers For Art Students
Delsu Post Jamb Screening QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS 2006/2007 SESSION
Due to popular demand that we have been getting from potential Delta state University Aspirants, we have therefore decided to provide the general public with Delsu Post utme Past Questions and answers for different years.
Don’t forget to appreciate us by dropping a comment at the end of this article and sharing with friends and loved ones who might be in need of Delsu past questions.
- Complete List of Delsu Post Utme Past Questions and Answers
- How to Gain Admission into Delta State University (Delsu)
- 7 Understandable Reasons Why you will NOT GAIN Admission into DELSU
- DELSU Portal – A Comprehensive Student Guide
DELSU POST JAMB SCREENING QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS 2006/2007 SESSION
Below is a Delsu Past question screening exam which held on Tuesday, October 3rd, 2006 for Law, Arts and Arts Education Students.
Disclaimer: Before you head off into the Delta State University Post utme Questions and answers we have published for you, bear in mind that they may not always be correct. Although we have a team that is currently standby and correcting any errors that may be found in the Delsu Post utme Past Questions and Answers.
Also do well to correct us through the comment section at the end of the articles, we promise to personally coach exceptional students who provide useful corrections to any errors that may be found in the below Post utme Questions and answers.
Coaching simply means that we shall guide you through your Medical, Faculty and Departmental screening process when you are eventually granted Admission into the prestigious Delta state University.
If you are searching for the below search queries on search engine, kindly note that there are no specific questions for each departments.
Instead, Delsu prepares their post UTME questions to suite each faculty, therefore the Past questions and answers you will find below are suitable for the following Delsu Departments/Courses.
Delsu Post UTME Past Question for Administration Courses
- Accounting & Finance
- Banking & Finance
- Business Administration
Delsu Post UTME Past Question for Art Courses
- English Language & Literary Studies
- History & International Studies
- Linguistics and Urhobo
- Religious Studies
- Theatre Arts
Delsu Post UTME Past Question for Education Courses
- Agriculture Science Education
- Business Education
- Biology Education
- Chemistry Education
- Computer Science Education
- Economics Education
- English Education
- Fine Arts Education
- French Education
- Geography Education
- History Education
- Mathematics Education
- Music Education
- Physics Education
- Political Science Education
- Religious Studies Education
- Guidance &Counseling Education
- Health Education
- Home Economics
- Human Kinetics
- Integrated Science Education
- Library & Information Science
- Nursing & Primary Education
- Physical & Health Education
- Social Studies
- Technical Education
Delsu Post UTME Past Question for Environmental Courses
- Fine and Applied Arts
Delsu Post UTME Past Question for Social Sciences Courses
- Geography and Regional Planning
- Mass Communication
- Political Science
Once again, do not waste your time studying the below Delsu Post utme Past Questions if you did not apply in any of the Delta State University department we have listed above.
Delsu English Language Past Questions
In the following passage, there are ten spaces numbered 1 to 10. The lists below the passage are also numbered 1 to 10, but each number has options (a) to (e). From the (a) to (e) of each number, choose the word or expression which best fills the space with the corresponding number and enter into the space the alphabet that precede the word or expression.
For example, if the chosen option for space 1 is 1(e) with the word, “struck”, enter (e) in the gap. Entering the word or expression will fetch no mark.
When Odiri was __1___ by a lorry, he suffered severe ___2___ and was admitted ___3____ hospital. He felt a sharp ___4____ in his arm as a nurse gave him a(n) ___5____ Half a minute after, the ___6____ began to work and he became ___7____ . When he ___8___ he found himself in a ___9____ full of ____10____.
1. A. Randown
2. A. Damages
3. A. At
4. A. Ache
B. Jab C. Hurt
5. A. Cut
6. A. Anaesthetic B. Aspirin C. Doctor D. Stethoscope E Pain-killer
7. A. Asleep
8. A. Brought around
B. Came out
C. Came to
E. Woke up
9. A. Wad
10. A. Inmates
Instructions: Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions below by ticking the appropriate option.
If you read the description of the proceedings of a meeting and then the minutes of the meeting, you will see that there are important differences. First of all, minutes do not attempt to record everything that was said at the meeting. Minutes are, in fact, a summary, and a good secretary must be able to summarize accurately, dealing fully with what is important and leaving out or drastically reducing what is unimportant; he must also take great care not to distort any of the speakers’ opinions.
If there were widely different opinions on an important matter, the secretary would briefly record what they were; but if the opinions were not so important he might simply write, “Many opinions were expressed, but it was finally decided…”
11. A. Description is longer than proceedings.
B. Proceedings are longer that meetings
C. Meeting is longer than minutes.
D. Description is longer than minutes.
E. Minutes are the same as description
12. Which statement is true?
A. Minutes are a summary of what was said.
B. Minutes are a summary of what is important.
C. Minutes are drastic reduction of what is unimportant.
D. Minutes are a distortion of speakers’
E. Minutes are a record of everything said.
13. “Minutes do not attempt to record everything that was said at the meeting.” The figure of speech used in the above sentence is…………….
14. Which of the following is not a quality of a good secretary?
A. Ability to summarize accurately.
B. Ability to briefly record different opinion on an important matter.
C. Ability to describe in detail the proceedings of a meeting.
D. Ability to determine which unimportant matter to leave out.
E. Ability to determine which unimportant matter to drastically reduce.
15. Every secretary can write minutes as described above.
C. Not described
Instructions: Complete each of the following sentences with one of the expression in brackets:
16. Please bring me ………….. of corned beef from the market
C. Some time
17. It is ……….. that Yusuf is recovering
A. good news
B. A good news
C. Some good news
18. The slave trade was …………
A. Great evil
B. A great piece of evil
C. A great evil
19. I bought …………..from the woman at the crossroads.
C. A few fruits
20. The blacksmith is a man of
A. Great strength
B. A great strength,
C. Plenty strength
Instructions: Fill each space below with one of the words in brackets:
21. My dream came………….
22. The monkey has broken………..
23. I told you to keep …………….
24 You look …………. today.
25. Your old shirt has worn………….
Delta State University Aptitude Test
26. Gerontocracy is defined as the government by the ………………
27. A family that consists of the father, wives and children is called…………..
A. Monogamous family
B. Extended family
C. Polygamous family
D. Polyandrous family
E. Linear family
28. The relationship traceable to mother side is referred to as…………..
29. Water is to cup as letter is to…………
30. Which of the following is least of the other?
Instructions: In question (31) choose the word lettered A-E which is nearly same in the written in capital letter
Instructions: From questions 32-33 choose the word lettered A-E the one which is opposite to the word written in capital letters.
34. Which of the following designs best complete the box below?
33. Which of these does not belong?
34. Which of the following designs can best complete the box below?
35. Choose the word with correct spelling in
36. Find the value of 8791 -2352-4561
37. What is the missing number (X) in the following box?
38. Divide 21441 by 21
39. Express 70% as fraction.
40. Express 1/25 as a percentage.
41. Every morning my mother……… me a cup of tea
B. Has given
42. My dog has lost……… tail
43 …………. is better than mine
See what other Delsu Aspirants are Reading:
- Delsu E-learning: The Pros and Cons
- Complete List of Fully funded International Scholarship for African Students
- How to Study [The Right Way]
- Delta State University Acceptance Fees 2020/2021 Guideline
Delta State University GENERAL PAPER
44. Under which constitution did the Supreme Court becomes the highest court of Appeal in Nigeria?
A. Clifford’s constitution
B Richard’s constitution
C. independence constitution
D. Republican constitution
45. Capitalism is an economic system in which:
A. Private persons and enterprises are allowed to own property businesses
B. The economy of the state is centrally planned and controlled
C. accumulation of private property is not allowed
D. means of production, property and wealth are owned and controlled by the state
45. ln a one party state
A. The ruling party is the only legal party
B. The legislature is unicameral
C. Only the workers’ party is allowed to exist
D. Multipartism tolerated
46. Apolitical authority which exercises sovereign power over a specific geographical territory is known as the:
47. The first elected executive president of Nigeria was:
A. Alhaji Shehu Shagari
B. Alhaji Aminu Kano
C. Chief Obafemi Awolowo
D. Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe
48. The first indigenous Governor General of Nigeria was
A. Chief Obafemi Awolowo
B. Alhaji Abubaka Tafawa Balewa
C. Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe
D. Dr. Dennis Osadebe
49 Public corporations are controlled by all except
50 The 1979 constitution of Nigeria:
A. Provided for the participation of women in politics
B. Provided for a Head of state who is also the Head of government
C. Provided for the House of chiefs
D. Made woman inferior to men before the law
51. A rigid constitution can be identified through its:
D. Amendment procedure
52. Which of the following actions is not a form of political participation?
A. Joining a political party
B. Bribing an electoral officer
C. Contesting an election
D. Voting in an election
53. The long juju of the trans-Atlantic slave trade era was situated at:
54. According to “dug-up history”, the first man to walk on his two feet was from:
55. Examples of pagan dynasties which sprang up in the Bambara States after the Moroccan conquest of Songhay were:
A. Timbuktu and Jenne
B. Gao and Wollof
D. Segu and Kaarta
56. Portugal’s main attraction to West Africa before mid-l5th century was the hope of finding:
57. The first slaves to be settled in The U.S.A were collected in
A. Sierra Leon.
D. The Caribbean
58. The French colonial policy in Africa was called:
59. ………..is regarded as the year of Africa’s independence:
60. Nigeria’s first military Head of State was:
A. General Aguiyi-Ironsi
B. General Yakubu Gowon
C. General Olusegun Obasanjo
D. General lbrahim Babangida
61. The French revolution took place in what year?
62. A Francophone is one who comes from
A. Togo speaking country
B. France speaking country
D. French speaking country
63. .………….. is the capital of France
64. The acronym COJA means
A. Committee of Journalists in Africa
B. Comite d’ Quest African
C. Comite des jeux Amerigne Comite de jeux Africans
D. Comite d’ olympaine jeux d’ Affique
65. The composer of the popular oratorio called ‘The Messiah’ is
A. Johnson Sebastine Bach.
B. Claudio Monteverdi
C. George Frederick Handel.
D. Franz Joseph Haydn
E. Henry Purcell
66. The song normally used in sending a baby to sleep is called:
A. An ode.
C. A lullaby.
D. A lament
E. An oratorio
67. The system of writing music on lines and spaces is called
A. Solfa notation
B. Staff notation
C. Rhythmic notation
D. Cipher notation.
E. Square notation.
68. Who is a Musiocologist?
A. One who performs music from score.
B. A music scholar
C. A music practitioner.
D. A composer.
E. Master of stage music.
69. Cool colors are:
A. Purple, blue & green
B. Red, orange & yellow
C. blue, orange & yellow
D. Purple, red & blue
70. Kiln is:
A. An oven for firing ceramic products
B. A funiace for airing ceramic products
C. A pyrometer for pyremeting ceramic products
D. A mill for milling ceramic products
71. Artists who work in advertising firms are:
B. Visualizers/finish artists
C. Textile designers
72. Which of the following is a variety of painting:
A. Paper marche
B. Analogous colour
D. Colour riot
73. The children of Israel asked Samuel for a king because
A. it was in their constitution
B. Their former king was killed in the battle with the Philistines.
C. They desired to be like the heathen nations around them.
D. They were tired of a military regime.
E. Samuel wanted to contest the election.
74. Joseph’s brothers were at……….when they conspired to kill him
75. The following are the causes of conflict in the society EXCEPT
A. Commercialisation of religion
B. Embarking on enlightenment programmes.
E. Poor Organisation
76. The seeds which fell along the path as the sower went out to sow
A. Dried up after some days
B. quickly germinated
C. were earned away by ants.
D. were devoured by the birds.
E. were wasted by wicked men.
77. Joshua was appointed to lead the Israelites to the Promised land because
A. Moses was too old to lead them there.
B. The Israelites preferred Joshua to Moses.
C. Moses never returned from Mount Sinai
D. Of Moses’ rebellion in the wilderness of Zin.
E. He was a powerful soldier
78. God pronounced utter destruction on the amelekites because
A. They were hostile to the Kenites who lived among them.
B. They were hostile neighbours of Israel like the Philistines.
C. Saul desired to acquire the Amalekites’ territory.
D. They opposed Israel on their way from Egypt to the Promised land.
E. God wanted to wipe out every element of Baal worship in Canaan.
79. ‘You would bring down my grey hairs with sorrow to Sheol’. Jacob said this to his children because
A. Joseph was unjustly imprisoned.
B. Joseph had been reported killed.
C. the famine was very severe
D. the Ishmaelite had bought Joseph and had resold him to Potiphar.
E. he feared that Benjamin would be lost to him like Joseph.
80. King David committed adultery with
81. “Hear this word, you cows of Basham… who oppress the poor, who crush the needy…” Cows of Basham in the statement above refers to the
A. Wicked kings
B. Women of Samaria
C. Judges in Israel
D. False prophets
82. Saul visited the witch of Endor when he was besieged by the
83. Ngugi Wa thiongo and Micere Mugo wrote the following play titled:
B. Biko ‘s Inquest
C. Petals of Blood
D. The Trial of Dedan Kimathi
84. “Literary appreciation the dragon – fly bangs like a blue thread loosened from the sky “illustrates
85. You are the cold nest in which the migrant birds lay no eggs Kintobbe: To the Children. The device used in excerpt above is:
86. The recurrence of rhythmic pattern of stress in a poem is
87. A work which takes place in a non-existent world or which concerns an incredible character is
88. A poem with fourteen lines of rhythm iambic pentameter is
C. An active
B. A sonnet
D. An epic
89. The strong gongs groaning as the gun far illustrates:
90. The use of understatement not to deceive, but to enhance the impression of the issue is also called
91. A decorous speech is also known as……
92. Making a thing or inanimate objects into persons of human is known as
What other Delsu Students are Reading:
Here are few other articles that Delsuites are currently reading: