Chemistry 2007/2008 – Delsu Post UTME Past Questions and Answers
Due to popular demand that we have been getting from potential Delta state University Aspirants, we have therefore decided to provide the general public with Delsu Post utme Past Questions and answers for different years.
Don’t forget to appreciate us by dropping a comment at the end of this article and sharing with friends and loved ones who might be in need of Delsu past questions.
- Complete List of Delsu Post Utme Past Questions and Answers
- How to Gain Admission into Delta State University (Delsu)
- 7 Understandable Reasons Why you will NOT GAIN Admission into DELSU
- DELSU Portal – A Comprehensive Student Guide
DELSU POST JAMB SCREENING QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS (Chemistry) 2007/2008
Below is a Delsu Past question screening exam for courses which biology is included.
Disclaimer: Before you head off into the Delta State University Post utme Questions and answers we have published for you, bear in mind that they may not always be correct. Although we have a team that is currently standby and correcting any errors that may be found in the Delsu Post utme Past Questions and Answers.
Also do well to correct us through the comment section at the end of the articles, we promise to personally coach exceptional students who provide useful corrections to any errors that may be found in the below Post utme Questions and answers.
Coaching simply means that we shall guide you through your Medical, Faculty and Departmental screening process when you are eventually granted Admission into the prestigious Delta state University.
If you are searching for the below search queries on search engine, kindly note that there are no specific questions for each departments.
Instead, Delsu prepares their post UTME questions to suite each faculty, therefore the Past questions and answers you will find below are suitable for the following Delsu Departments/Courses.
Delsu Chemistry Post UTME Past Question and Answers (2007/2008)
1. Rhombic sulphur, monoclinic sulphur and amorphous sulphur are:
2. Laughing gas is
A. nitrogen (II) oxide
B. Nitrogen (I) oxide
C. Nitrogen (III) oxide
D. Nitrogen (V) oxide
3. The correct name of the compound CH3CH2CONH3is
A. N-methyl-propionyl amide
B. Propionyl amide
C. Methyl propanamide
D. Methyl propionylamide
4. The name pentanone is not specific and proper because it can refer to
A. 2-pentanone and 3-pentanone
B. 1-pentanone and 5-pentanone
C. Methyl propanone and propyl methanone
D. Methyl propanonne and methyl propyl butanone
5. The oxide that remains unchanged when heated with hydrogen is
6. What is the most metallic element in the set
7. What is the mole fraction of water in a solution prepared by mixing 12.5g of H2O with 220g of acetone?
8. A consequence of global warming is:
A. Air pollution
B. Wafer pollution
C. Increased humidity
E. Little sunshine
9. Gunpowder is made from charcoal, Sulphur and Potassium trioxonitrate(V). The salt in the mixture perform^ function of:
A. An oxidant
B. A reductant
C. A solvent,
D. A catalyst
10. Which one of the following group II elements has the highest first ionization energy?
11. In which one of the following compounds does sulphur have an oxidation number of +4?
12. Which one of the following does not show allotropy at room temperature and pressure?
13. Cellulose and starch can classified asone of the following:
14. What mass of anhydrous solution of sodium trioxocarbonate (IV) is required to prepare 250cm3 of 0.10m solution?
(Na = 23, C = 12, O = 16)
Delsu Post utme Questions and Answers that will interest you:
- Complete Delsu Physics Post UTME Past Questions and Answers
- Complete Delsu Biology Post UTME Past Questions and Answers
- Complete Delsu Mathematics Post UTME Past Questions and Answers
- Complete Delsu Chemistry Post UTME Past Questions and Answers
- Complete Delsu English Post UTME Past Questions and Answers
15. How many isomers can be formed from organic compounds with molecular formular C3H8O?
16. Which of the following is not a property of magnesium oxide?
A. High melting point
B. Dissolution in polar solvent
C. Pressure of ionic bonds
D. Possession of crystal lattice
E. low binding energy
17. Catalytic hydrogenation of alkenes produces compounds with general formula
18. Tetraoxosulphate (VI) acid is described as strong acid because it is highly
D. Soluble in water
E. Ionized in water
19. Which of these metals. Mg, Fe, Pb, and Cu will dissolve in dilute HCl if air is blown through the solution?
A. Mg and Fe only
B. All the metals
C. Mg, Fe and Cu
D. Mg, Fe and Pb
E. Mg, Pb and Cu. —
20. A correct electrochemical series can be obtained from K, Na, Ca, Al, Mg, Zn, Fe, Pb, H. Ag, Au by interchanging
A. Zn and Fe
B. Zn and Pb
C. Al and Mg
D. Au and Ag
E. None of the above. ‘
21. The oxidationof CH3CH2(CH3)OH gives:
E. Methyl butane
22. The solubility of alkanols in water is due to:
A. Their ionic character
B. Their covalent nature
C. Ability to form hydrogen bond
D. Their low boiling points
E. Their low dielectric com
23. The gas that is not associated with global warming is
24. In which order are the following salts sensitive to light:
25. A phenomenon where an element exists in different forms in the same physical state known as:
What other Delsu Students are Reading:
Here are few other articles that Delsuites are currently reading: