Physics 2007/2008 – Delsu Post UTME Past Questions and Answers
Due to popular demand that we have been getting from potential Delta state University Aspirants, we have therefore decided to provide the general public with Delsu Post utme Past Questions and answers for different years.
Don’t forget to appreciate us by dropping a comment at the end of this article and sharing with friends and loved ones who might be in need of Delsu past questions.
- Complete List of Delsu Post Utme Past Questions and Answers
- How to Gain Admission into Delta State University (Delsu)
- 7 Understandable Reasons Why you will NOT GAIN Admission into DELSU
- DELSU Portal – A Comprehensive Student Guide
DELSU POST JAMB SCREENING QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS (Physics) 2007/2008
Below is a Delsu Past question screening exam for courses which biology is included.
Disclaimer: Before you head off into the Delta State University Post utme Questions and answers we have published for you, bear in mind that they may not always be correct. Although we have a team that is currently standby and correcting any errors that may be found in the Delsu Post utme Past Questions and Answers.
Also do well to correct us through the comment section at the end of the articles, we promise to personally coach exceptional students who provide useful corrections to any errors that may be found in the below Post utme Questions and answers.
Coaching simply means that we shall guide you through your Medical, Faculty and Departmental screening process when you are eventually granted Admission into the prestigious Delta state University.
If you are searching for the below search queries on search engine, kindly note that there are no specific questions for each departments.
Instead, Delsu prepares their post UTME questions to suite each faculty, therefore the Past questions and answers you will find below are suitable for the following Delsu Departments/Courses.
Delsu Physics Post UTME Past Question and Answers (2007/2008)
1. A piece of rubber 10cm long stretches 6mm when a load of 100N is hung from it. What is the strain?
A. 6 x 10’2
E. 2 x 10-2
2. Which of the following does not cause a reduction of the surface tension of water?
A. Soap solution
3. The amount of heat required to raise the temperature of a body is
A. Thermal capacity
B. Thermal energy
C. Specific heat capacity
D. Heat lost
E. heat gain
4. Water shows anomalous behavior
A. below 100C
B. At exactly 4°C
C. between 4°C and 100°C
D. Between 0°C and 4°C
E. Above 1000C
5. Which of the following phenomena cannot be explained by the molecular
theory of matter?
6. A gas occupies a volume of 300cm3 at a temperature of 27°C. What is its
volume at 540C, when the pressure is constant?
7. A man clapping his hands at regular intervals observes that the echo of a
clap coincides with the next clap. If the reflecting cliff is 160m away and the
speed of the sound is 320mS-1, what is the frequency of the clapping?
8. Which of the fallowing properties is/are common to all waves? I Diffraction II Refraction III Frequency
A. II only
B. I and II only
C.I, II and III only
D. I and III only
E. II only
9. Which of the following factors affects the speed of sound in air? I Temperature II Pressure III Frequency
A. II only
B.I and II only
C. I only
D. II and III only
E. Ill only :
10. When white light is dispersed by a spectrometer, the component having
the shortest wavelength is
Delsu Post utme Questions and Answers that will interest you:
- Complete Delsu Physics Post UTME Past Questions and Answers
- Complete Delsu Biology Post UTME Past Questions and Answers
- Complete Delsu Mathematics Post UTME Past Questions and Answers
- Complete Delsu Chemistry Post UTME Past Questions and Answers
- Complete Delsu English Post UTME Past Questions and Answers
11. Shadows and eclipses result from the
A. Refraction of light
B. Diffraction of light
C. Rectilinear propagation light
D. Reflection of light
E. Above tight
12. Which of the following media allow the transmission of sound waves
through them: I Air II Liquid III Solid.
A. I, II and III
B. I and II only
C. I and III only
D. II and III only
E. Ill only
See what other Delsu Aspirants are Reading:
- Delsu E-learning: The Pros and Cons
- Complete List of Fully funded International Scholarship for African Students
- How to Study [The Right Way]
- Delta State University Acceptance Fees 2020/2021 Guideline
13. The power dissipated in an a.c circuit with an r.m.s of 5A, r.m.s voltage of 10V and a phase angle of 60° is
14. A light of energy 5eV falls on a metal and the electrons with a maximum kinetic energy of 2eV are ejected. The work fraction of the metal is
15. In semiconductors, the carriers of current at temperature are
A. Electrons only
B. Electrons and holes
C. Holes only
D. Electrons and ions
E. Ions only
16. The temperature at which water vapour present in the air saturates the air and begins to condense is known as
A. Boiling point
B. Melting point
C. Dew point
D. Triple point
E. Violet light
17. Which of the following pairs is not part of the electromagnetic spectrum?
I Radio wave II Beta waves III Gamma rays IV Alpha rays
A. I and II
B. II and IV
C. Ill and IV
D. I and III
E. all of the above
18. A wave of frequency 10Hz forms a stationary wave pattern in a medium
where the velocity is 20cmS-1. The distance between the adjacent modes is
19. The length of a displaced pendulum bob which passes its lowest point
twice every second, assuming g = 10ms-1 is
20. The inner diameter of a small test tube can be measured accurately using a
A. micrometer screw gauge
B. Pair of dividers
C. Meter rule
D. Pair of vernier calipers
E. meter screw
21. An object is projected with a velocity of 80ms-1 at an angle of 300 to the horizontal. The maximum height reached, assuming g = 10m/s, is
22. A cone in an unstable equilibrium has its potential energy,
23. A car of mass 800kg attains a speed of 25ms-1 in 20 seconds. The power developed in the engine is
24. When a ship sails from salt water into fresh water, fraction of its volume above the water surface will
B. Remain the same
D. Increase then decrease
E. All of the above
25. A machine gun with a mass of 5kg fires a 50g bullet at a speed of 100ms-1.
The recoil speed of the machine gun is
What other Delsu Students are Reading:
Here are few other articles that Delsuites are currently reading: