The Delta State University Teaching Hospital, popularly known as DELSUTH came into existence on the 10th day of June, 2020 by Goodluck Jonathan, the former president of the federal republic of Nigeria.
DELSUTH specializes in every area of adult medicine. The university is considered to be one of the best teaching hospitals in Nigeria and has consistently ranked high in specialties such as Radiology, Community Health, Urology, Psychiatry, and Surgery.
Services provided in DELSUTH also extend to several other branches such as Paediatrics, Obstetrics, Pathology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Emergency medicine, Family medicine, Anaesthesia, intensive care, and Physiotherapy.
As a teaching hospital of Delta State University (DELSU), they have a commitment to furthering the education of health care professionals and the surrounding community.
The schools leadership in patient quality and safety, development of state-of-art treatments and technologies, and robust research programs have improved the health of people around Nigeria.
Education and research are major components of the school’s philosophy and has greatly contributed to her advancement.
They offer the highest quality healthcare to patients whilst continuously improving the patient experience.
The hospital has been responsible for pioneering advances in medical technology, state-of-the-art education and training for health care professionals, the next generation of caregivers, and cutting-edge research and discovery.
Throughout DELSUTH, medical innovation is encouraged, and her history and traditions are cherished.
Latest medical advances are provided in a welcoming environment that is filled with light and open spaces to enhance a sense of wellness and promote healing.
The objective is to provide tertiary health care through training of undergraduate medical students at the Delta State University, Abraka.
The facility is located at Oghara in Ethiope West Local Government Area of Delta State, South East, Nigeria.
It is worth knowing to note that the Delta State University Teaching Hospital (DELSUTH) is an affiliation of the prestigious Delta State University (Abraka).
Delsuth is considered to be one of the best hospitals in Nigeria according to academic and performance research study.
History of Delta State University Teaching Hospital
The Delta State University Teaching Hospital (DELSUTH) is a renowned and accredited University teaching hospital to the Delta State University (DELSU), Abraka. Located in Oghara, Ethiope West Local Government Area of Delta State, the hospital was built initially as a 180-bed ultra-modern specialist hospital.
An inaugural management board headed by Professor Joseph Otobo was sworn in June 2009 to manage the affairs of the Hospital when it kicked off initially.
The earliest staff of DELSUTH consisted of a team of qualified Nigerian medical professionals drawn from the United Kingdom and the United States.
The Hospital was officially commissioned on the 19th of June, 2010 by the Former President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
Delta State University Teaching Hospital Nigeria
The Delta State University Teaching Hospital, Nigeria is located at Oghara in Ethiope West Local Government Area. The university is the state’s apex health institution providing basic training, research and medical services.
Like all government hospitals and teaching hospitals you can find in the world today, DELSUTH requires subvention because unlike ordinary hospitals, Delta State University Teaching Hospital Nigeria, do not just deliver clinical services.
They do more than that. As a teaching hospital, one of the pillars of the things they do, is to provide research that will help to improve the quality of the services they give to everyone that comes calling.
Delsuth also provides training for medical students, training for postgraduate doctors, and to be able to train medical students and postgraduate doctors, they strive to make sure that all departments in the University is accredited and this requires proper funding.
Delta State University Teaching Hospital Nigeria also trains postgraduate doctors and specialists that can provide specialist services in the state and in the country at large.
DELSUTH possesses a fully equipped Radiology Department, and an MRI machine which is of the highest standard.
The institution provides training for resident doctors from the University of Benin Teaching Hospital and University of Calabar Teaching Hospital as well.
Delta State University Teaching Hospital Oghara
Delta State University Teaching Hospital Oghara is an affiliate of the Delta State University (Abraka). With provision to provide medical care in over 20 Medical Specialties, ensuring world class services to Patients is their priority.
In DELSUTH, using the university’s core values as a guide, their Staff discharge their duties to Patients in a professional manner.
They understand that their Customers are their Responsibility and Pride hence the need for value to guide their Customer relationships.
These values underscore everything they do. The DELSUTH values are as follows:
- Communication: They seek to communicate with patients and their relatives in a respectful, honest and helpful manner.
- Quality Patient Care: continuously working hard to provide excellent care always.
- Teamwork: professionals work together to get the best health care solutions for our patients.
- Teaching Excellence: They seek to uphold the highest standards in training healthcare professionals.
- Customer Focus: Their focus is to serve their customers with fairness and transparency.
- Respect for the Individual: They recognize and value the contributions of every individual.
- Operational Efficiency: They strive for efficient and effective delivery of services.
- Research Leadership: They constantly innovate and seek to efficiently discharge our duties via research.
Delta State University Teaching Hospital Address
Delta State University Teaching Hospital is located at Otefe Road, off Benin-Warri Express Way, Oghara, Delta State. 331101 P.O. Box: 07 Delta State.
|Address||Otefe Road, off Benin-Warri Express Way, Oghara, Delta State|
|Location||Oghara, Delta, Nigeria|
Delta State University Teaching Hospital Contact Address
Delta State University Teaching (Delsuth)
DELSUTH simply means Delta State University Teaching Hospital.
Delsuth is considered to be one of the best teaching hospitals in Nigeria and has been ranked high for so many specialties such as radiology, community health, urology, psychiatry, surgery.
However their services extend to several other branches such as paediatrics, obstetrics, pathology, pharmaceutical sciences, emergency medicine, family medicine, anaesthesia, intensive care and physiotherapy.
Delta State University Teaching Official Website
www.delsuth.com.ng is the official website of Delta State University Teaching Hospital (DELSUTH), simply input the above website address on your bowser to visit their website.
Delta State University Teaching Hospital Logo
The Delta State University Teaching Hospital’s logo clearly describes the objective of their services.
Delta State University Teaching School of Nursing
DELSUTH realizes that Nurses are an integral part of the Healthcare continuum. This is why DELSUTH established a School of Post Basic Nursing Studies.
The primary purpose of the DELSUTH School of Post Basic Nursing Studies is to train Nurses according to World-class nursing standards.
The first of its kind in Delta State, the DELSUTH School of Post Basic Nursing Studies offers quality training to its students.
Delsuth Vison and Mission
DELSUTH aims to achieve world-class excellence in Patient care.
Patient care is their primary concern and they promote activities that improve the quality of services rendered to patients while also eliminating activities that undermine the quality of patient care and patient experiences. To achieve our vision, they:
- provide services in a compassionate and caring way in the hospital and community for children, youth, their families and those with special developmental needs
- provide the highest quality healthcare to patients and their families
- expand the boundaries of medicine through research,
- educate the next generation of healthcare professionals.
DELSUTH Post-Basic Nursing Admission Requirements
- Candidates must possess at least 5 “O” Level Credit in WAEC or NECO in not more than 2 sittings, which must include English, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Must have a valid practicing license of the Nursing & Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
- Must possess a Bachelor of Nursing Science degree for the post graduate program.
Duration: One Academic Calendar (1 Session, 2 Semesters)
How to Apply for DELSUTH Post-Basic Nursing Admission & Duration.
- The application form is obtained upon the receipt of a non-refundable fee of N7,000.00 paid into Zenith Bank, DELSUTH Account, 1012649719. (Amount have been updated, kindly verify further)
- Evidence of Payment must be submitted to the Office of the Head of Nursing Services, Delta State University Teaching Hospital, Oghara for an official receipt and application form to be issued.
- Completed Application Forms must be submitted with two reference letters and copies of relevant Certificates addressed to: The Head of Nursing Services, Delta State University Teaching Hospital, Oghara, Delta State.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for entrance examination and interview.
- Successful candidates will be notified via SMS.
The deadline of application will be posted as soon as it is updated on the schools portal, kindly exercise patience.
DELSUTH Careers and Vacancies
At DELSUTH, they welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates to help achieve their aim of being world-class.
They periodically open vacancies based on available openings in the Hospital.
Kindly check on the below link to view available vacancies.
If are unable to find what you are looking for here or maybe you have any correction regarding this post, Please, kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to you as soon as possible.
Reminder: If for some certain reasons, you are not able to find what you hoped you will find. Kindly opt in for Delsu Notifications by dropping a comment in the comment section below and we will immediately add you to our special list. Where you will have the privilege to get first hand information about the various happenings in and around Delta state University.
If this post was helpful, feel free to click on the social media icon below to share with friends and families, remember Sharing is Caring!
See what Others are Reading: