Business Education is an aspect of Vocational and Technical Education, a specialized programme of instruction designed to provide individuals with knowledge, skills and attitudes leading to employability and advancement in office occupations as well as teaching business subjects. The courses offered are developed to expose the students to core areas in the curriculum like general education, skill development, professional education, general business (Marketing and Management), Accounting, Teaching Methodology and Industrial Work Experience.
Recommended articles specially for you
- How to Easily Gain Admission into Delta State University (Delsu)
- How to Pass DELSU Post utme (Absolute Guide)
- Top 4 Mistakes Delsu Aspirants Make – (Number 2 will shock you)
- How to Check Your DELSU Post UTME Result Easily
- Delsu Change of Course & How to Apply (Guide)
- Updated List of All the Courses Offered in Delta state university
- 7 Understandable Reasons Why you will NOT GAIN Admission into DELSU
In consonance with the National Policy on Education, the Department of Business Education intends to produce teachers who can effectively teach all business subjects at the post primary level of education and obtain gainful employment in the private and public sectors.
In furtherance of the above philosophy, the Department has the folowing objectives:
I. To equip the graduates with the necessary competencies to teach business subjects in institutions of learning.
2. To produce teachers who will engage in professional studies in Business Education.
3. To produce strong advocates and promoters of viable industries and business enterprises.
4. To enable graduates of the programme to have an intelligent understanding of the increasing complexity of business.
The following opportunities are available to Business Education graduates:
1. To teach in secondary schools
2. To hold administrative positions in the public and private sectors of the economy.
3. To be self-employed having been exposed to business knowledge.
4. To undergo higher studies in Business Education.
Duration of Business Education
A student admitted through UTME is expected to complete the Business Education programme in four academic years (eight semesters). A direct Entry student is expected to spend three years depending on categories as shown below.
Areas of Study
There are four options in Business Education Department: Accountancy, Management, Marketing and Secretarial Education.
Admission requirements into Business Education in Delsu
Candidates must pass the UTME and have credit or better level passes in five subjects at WASC/SSCE/GCE ‘O’ Level including English Language and Mathematics in not more than two sittings.
Credit or better level passes in five subjects at WASC/SSCE/TC.II/GCE ‘O’ Level including English Language, Math’s and Economics.
DIRECT ENTRY (3 YEAR PROGRAMME)
The following requirements apply for 3- year degree Programme.
1. NCE in Business Education or in business related areas plus Credits or better level passes in five subjects at WASC/SSCE/GCE ‘O’ Level.
GCE ‘A’ Level/HSC/IJMB pass at ‘C’ or better level in any two of the following Business: Management, Accounting, Economics, Typewriting, Short-Hand etc., plus credit or better level passes in five subjects at WASC/SSCE/GCE ‘O’ Level including English Language, Mathematics and Economics or TC II.
Click on page 2 below to continue Reading!!