In the field of academics, the Department offers two 4 year bachelor degree Programmes: thus, producing specialists in Human Kinetics and Health Education.
The Department awards two degrees:
- B.Sc.(Ed) Human Kinetics and
- B.Sc (Ed) Health Education.
Our products are professional teachers, marketers, personal trainers, masseurs in institutions, club sides, recreational centers and other establishments.
They also specialize in Health promotions in academic institutions, ministries, Health and related organizations where they serve as social workers, environmental safety experts and providers of primary Health care services.
The Department runs a one-year certificate programme in Human Kinetics and Health Education, which is either terminal or combined with the minimum requirement for admission into a degree programme as stipulated by NUC.
Recommended articles specially for you
- How to Easily Gain Admission into Delta State University (Delsu)
- How to Pass DELSU Post utme (Absolute Guide)
- Top 4 Mistakes Delsu Aspirants Make – (Number 2 will shock you)
- How to Check Your DELSU Post UTME Result Easily
- Delsu Change of Course & How to Apply (Guide)
- Updated List of All the Courses Offered in Delta state university
- 7 Understandable Reasons Why you will NOT GAIN Admission into DELSU
Finally, the Department offers a Masters Degree Programme in the following: Human Kinetics specialization areas;
- Physiology of Exercise
- Sport Administration and Marketing
- Sport Psychology
- Sport Sociology, and
- Rehabilitation therapy.
In the Health Education, the following specialization areas are offered;
(i) Occupational Health and Safety Education
(ii) Community Health Education
(iii) School Health Education and Environmental Health and Safety Education.
In addition, the Department has a well equipped human performance laboratory that caters for the laboratory skills of the students.
The Department is offering Ph.D Programme in
(i) Sport Administration,
(ii) Sport Marketing
(iii) Sport Psychology,
(iv) Sport Sociology
(v) Exercise Physiology,
(vi) Community Health Education,
(vii) Environmental Health and Safety Education, and
(viii) Occupational Health and Safety Education
The Department’s vision is to intellectually and professionally empower Nigerians and non-Nigerians to build a dynamic environment through educators and facilitators in order to sustain and continually improve the Nigeria Educational System through Human Kinetics, Sports, Physical activities and Health promotion techniques.
This is in accordance with National demands, needs, aspirations as well as meeting global standards.
The mission statement is as follows:
- To be directly engaged in the creation of excellence in academic evaluation of knowledge delivered in the pursuit of excellence in academic scholarship and intellectual inquiry, teaching, research and public service.
- To provide the education system with highly competent professionals, such as teachers, administrators and counsellors, who would contribute effectively to the development of Nigerian youths and integration prosperous society. This is to be done through the integration of relevant research and advisory services to the immediate environs, discipline/subject areas.
- To advance the academic culture among staff through collaborative interaction with professionals in the field, both locally and internationally.
- To continuously initiate Programmes that would have maximum impact on the University immediate environment and the Nigerian society.
- Above all, to seek excellence in knowledge and human resource capacity building without sacrificing quality in the Nigerian education industry.
Specially, the department produces specialists in Human Kinetics and Health Education, and runs a dual programme, (Human Kinetics option and Health Education option) and therefore offers a four year degree programme leading to the award of
(i) B.Sc (Ed) Human Kinetics and
(ii) B.Sc (Ed) Health Education.
The Human Kinetics experts teach in secondary schools and colleges. They also work as Coaches, Sport Organizers and Administrators in sports councils and industries. We offer both practical and theory courses.
Furthermore, in Health Education, option our experts specialize in Health promotions in institutions, ministries and also work in local, national and global organizations as social workers, environmental safely experts and providers of primary Health Care Services.
To be directly engaged in the creation of excellence in academic evaluation of knowledge delivered in the pursuit of excellence in academic scholarship and intellectual inquiry in teaching, research and public service.
Specially, the department produces specialists in Human Kinetics and Health Education. The department of Human Kinetics and Health Education runs a dual programme, that is Human Kinetics option, and therefore offers a four-year degree programme leading to the award of
(1) B.Sc (Ed) in Human Kinetics and
(2) B.Sc. (Ed) in Health Education.
The Human Kinetics experts specialize in teaching in Secondary Schools, Colleges, as Coaches, Sport organizers, Administrators in Sports Councils and industries. We offer both practical and theory courses. While experts in Health Education are functional in institution of learning, community Health promotion, NGO Health related bodies, and Environmental Health and safety professionals.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS INTO THE Department of Human Kinetics, Recreation and Sports Science in Delsu
The admission requirements for entry into either Human Kinetics or Health Education degree Programmes are in conformity with the university entry requirements;
These include at least 5 credits in GCE, SSCE, and NECO, TC II, or NABTEB. Including credit Pass in English language, Mathematics, Biology and two others, as well as success in the university Matriculation Examination [UME] as determined by the university.
Candidates who obtained a credit level pass in Delta state university certificate programme in Human Kinetics and Health Education or from any other recognized university in addition to the required. O’-Level candidates may also be required to pass an interview organized by the Department of Human Kinetics and Health Education.
Click on page 2 below to continue Reading!!