The philosophy of the Department of Social Science Education is anchored on the need to develop critically and independent minded individuals with better understanding of the socio-political, economic, geographical and environmental issues in the material world, and bringing such understanding to bear on classroom practices.
To this end, relevant theories, methodologies and concepts in the social sciences are integrated into education practices and processes of producing knowledge, necessary for prosper instruction management within the context of education
Among other things, the B.Sc. Ed. Social Science Degree programme has the following objectives
- Equip teachers with both physical and intellectual skills to enable them function effectively in the Society.;
- Produce graduate teachers with specialized training to give leadership in demonstrating theoretical and practical expertise in workplace;
- Train teachers who are conscious of the Social, Cultural, Political ,Economic, Scientific and Technological progress of the Nigerian Society in a global perspective;
- Produce highly motivated professionally driven conscientious teachers in the demonstration of classroom experience;
- Produce graduate teachers who posses expanded academic and professional training in humanities and related disciplines for national development.
Click on page 2 below to continue Reading!!