- Training of undergraduate medical students and postgraduate residents
- The department is accredited by both the West College Of Surgeons (WACS) and the National Postgraduate Medical College to train residents at the postgraduate level.
- Our Surgical Skills center is well equipped for Skills acquisition of basic and advanced surgical skills training. Our basic surgical skills course for both medical students and junior residents using our institution-developed skills acquisition board is unique and reduces the trainees’ learning curve.
- The departmental room is the most equipped Seminar room in the region and provides an enticing ambience for learning and international academic networking by medical students and residents alike. It not only provides access to the institution’s Picture Archiving and Communication System but also live intra-operative video transmission as the occur in the theatre for training purpose
- Service delivery: DELSUTH provides the most advanced form of surgical care in our community covering the different fields of Surgery including:
- Minimally Invasive Surgery covering diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic upper and lower gastrointestinal tract Surgeries; laparoscopy, endourological surgeries including transurethral prostate resection, endoscopic stone removal, endoscopic bladder tumor resection.
- Endocrine Surgery. This unit performs very advanced breast, thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal gland surgeries.
- The plastic, paediatric and neurosurgical units provide the most advanced patient care in the region by our dedicated and experienced team of surgeons.
- Innovative research in the fields Of surgery are currently ongoing in the department
Units in Surgery:
- General Surgery
- Paediatric Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
Click on page 2 below to continue Reading!!