Three Dutch MDF courses are presently offered with complete MSP & OKP scholarships that cover all participant support costs, including travel expenses, lodging, meals, excursions, and of course the training fee.
Priorities for OKP scholarship funding
The Dutch Ministry, which is funding the scholarships, seeks to build the capacity of organisations working in or around one of four main areas: first, Sexual and reproductive health and rights; second, Security and the rule of law; and third, Governance and the rule of law. The other two are food and water security. You should include in your application if you have experience in one of these areas of emphasis.
Each of the Netherlands embassies in the OKP countries adheres to the government’s policy guidelines. Within this framework, they have established their field’s priorities. To obtain additional information, please visit the Embassy’s website. We wish to underline that applications that do not align with the Country Focus have a low likelihood of getting chosen.
There is an additional priority for Sub-Saharan Africans and women.
- Type: Masters
- Organisation: MDF scholarships
- Country to study: Netherlands
- School to study: Not Specified
- Course to study: View courses
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: March 30, 2023
See Also: University of Melbourne 2023 Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholarship, Australia
About the MDF scholarships
MDF scholarships offer a one-of-a-kind opportunity to obtain the knowledge and skills necessary to assist in the development and transformation of societies. With the offered MDF courses, you can get the knowledge and expertise necessary for success. We encourage all applicants to submit their materials by the application deadline.
MDF is comprised of a broad group of experts with complementary skills. This is what has made us an industry leader and a formidable force in the pursuit of positive change for a better world. We have more than 37 years of expertise delivering global learning trajectories, advisory counsel, facilitation, assessments, enterprise growth, and partnership services.
Also Check: University of Edinburgh 2023 The Catto Combined MSc and PhD Scholarships, Centre of African Studies
The OKP scholarships will cover all participant expenses, including travel, lodging, meals, excursions, and of course the training price.
Development professionals can apply for these scholarships.
To be eligible for OKP scholarships:
- The Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which finances the NFP OKP and MSP programmes, has established a list of qualifying nations. Professionals who are citizens and residents of one of these 52 OKP nations are eligible to apply.
- You may not be employed by a company with its own staff-development programmes. Multinational firms, for instance, are regarded as having their own personnel development resources (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Micros0ft),
- a significant national and/or commercial enterprise,
- bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch Ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid),
- multinational donor agencies (e.g. a UN organization, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB),
- worldwide non-governmental organisations (such as Oxfam, Plan, and Care);
- You must have a valid and legitimate passport;
- You cannot obtain more than one fellowship for concurrently occurring courses.
- You must have a government statement that satisfies the standards of the country where the employer is located (if relevant, see this overview);
- You have an employer’s statement that conforms to the format specified by Nuffic. All information must be submitted, and all commitments mentioned in the format must be endorsed in the statement that is printed on the letterhead of your organisation.
- You have an excellent command of English or French in order to fully engage in the course. MDF Training & Consultancy has the right to verify this information.
Documents Required for Application
The required documents:
- Copy of a valid passport
- Employers letter, see step 1.
- Government statement, see step 1.
How to apply
Verify that you meet the application requirements. Due to the lengthy application process, we recommend that you begin well in advance!
You only can apply in Delta.
Delta is Nuffic’s online registration mechanism for scholarship applications. You can register for Delta around two months before to the application deadline.
- Read the course description for each OKP&MSP-sponsored course shown in the table above.
- Before beginning Delta, you must have all essential documents and information prepared, as they must be submitted online in a single session. Find out how to apply in Delta (see guidelines). PDF is the only acceptable format for required documents (max 2 Mb).
- Your reason for completing the registration form: Be prepared to copy and paste these information into the online application form. This motivation will be carefully considered during the selection process. In your Nuffic application, you will be asked: – What issue or problem do you wish to address in your country?
- How will this training equip you to deal with this issue?
- How will you utilise your position within the organisation to address this issue?
Go to this DELTA website, provide the relevant information, and upload your documents to finish the registration for OKP.
To register for MSP, visit this DELTA website, provide the needed information, and upload your papers.
Note: After submitting your application, you are unable to modify or add to your information. In order to update your information or documents, you must register again with Delta. You may leave the’reference number’ area blank.
March 30, 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading:
- TWAS-SN Bose 2023 Postgraduate Fellowship Programme
- International Ambassador Scholarship for International Students at UWL 2023
- Boston University 2022 Trustee Scholarship for Undergraduate Students