These awards are intended to help postgraduate students with exceptional research potential pursue a higher degree through ECU studies. The award is granted based on academic achievement and study results.
The International Masters Scholarship is offered to international students from selected countries who are applying for select Masters degrees at Edith Cowan University.
The scholarships are open to future international students seeking to enroll at Edith Cowan University.
About Edith Cowan University
Edith Cowan University is a public university in Perth, Australia. It is named in honor of the first woman to be elected to an Australian parliament, Edith Cowan, and is the only Australian university named after a woman.
The university’s history dates back to 1902, when the Claremont Teachers College was founded, making it the current descendant of the first tertiary institution in Western Australia. The university received university status in 1991 and was formed from the merger of tertiary colleges.
Edith Cowan University offers more than 300 courses at its three campuses: Joondalup, Mount Lawley, and Bunbury, 200 kilometers (120 miles) south of Perth; many courses are also available for online study.
In addition, the university has partnerships with a number of educational institutions in order to offer courses and programs abroad. In 2020, Edith Cowan University enrolled over 31,000 undergraduate and graduate students, including approximately 7,000 international students.
Among the divisions of Edith Cowan University are the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA), a performing arts training academy; the School of Nursing and Midwifery, which offers a large undergraduate nursing program; and the School of Education, which provides a vast array of secondary teaching specializations.
In addition to Psychology and Community Studies, the university also houses the Western Australian Screen Academy. Edith Cowan University was ranked among the top three Australian universities for teaching quality, skills development, student support, student-to-teacher ratio, learning resources, and general experience in the 2022 Good Universities Guide.
Additionally, the university was one of only two national universities to maintain a 5-star rating for teaching quality for 15 years. Also a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, and the International Association of Law Schools is Edith Cowan University.
Moreover, according to the 2018 ERA scale, the university is ranked 32nd among Australian universities. The 2022 Good Universities Guide awards Edith Cowan University the maximum five stars for teaching quality and starting salary for graduates.
In the 2022 QS World University Rankings, the university was positioned between 651 and 700. The Times Higher Education (THE) Ranking for 2022 placed Edith Cowan University between positions 401 and 500.
The Times Higher Education (THE) Young Universities Under 50 ranked Edith Cowan University as number 94 among the top universities in the world under the age of 50.
At Edith Cowan University, the ECU Higher Degree by Research Scholarship provides
- Educational sponsorship
- A $28,600 annual stipend to be paid via electronic funds transfer every two weeks.
- A relocation payment (where applicable)
- International Student Health Coverage (where applicable)
You May Also Like: Coventry University in England UK International Pathways 2022 Scholarship
International Masters Scholarship Programs consist of:
- Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies
- Architecture and Building
- Creative Arts
- Management and Commerce
- Engineering and Related Technologies
- Information Technology
- Natural and Physical Sciences
- Society and Culture
Requirements for Scholarship
To be eligible for the Edith Cowan University Scholarship, candidates must meet all of the following criteria:
- Language Requirement: English.
- All global countries are eligible.
- Have received an unconditional offer of a place on a PhD or Integrated PhD research course at ECU.
- Be able to begin on-campus studies by October 1, 2022.
You are ineligible for this scholarship if any of the following conditions apply:
- You have earned an Australian doctorate in research or its equivalent.
- You have received a scholarship from the Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) or the Australia Award during the previous two years.
- If you began the Doctor of Philosophy (Integrated) J42 program after Semester 1, 2022, you are exempt.
- If you receive a scholarship stipend that exceeds 75% of the base stipend amount.
How to Apply
- Choose you program from here
- Sign up for an account from here Sign in to your account, select Start a Course Application, then complete and submit the application.
- All applicants are recommended to include the following supporting documents:
- All relevant academic records, certificates of achievement, and work experience.
- Show that you know how to use English in school.
- Copy of passport.
- Resume / CV.
- Recommendation letter.
- Personal statement.
- Sign in to your account, click “Start a scholarship application,” fill out the application, and send it.
- You can apply for this scholarship if you have applied for a course but haven’t yet been given an offer or if you are currently enrolled in a Bachelor Honours Degree, Master’s Degree, or Integrated PhD. Your application will be reviewed based on whether or not you meet the minimum requirements.
- You can learn more about the scholarship’s terms and conditions by clicking here.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2022
See What Others Are Reading:
- Durham College Canada English Proficiency Entrance Scholarship 2023
- Bangor University Vice-Chancellor Postgraduate Research Scholarships, Wales UK 2022/2023
- Hydro Science and Engineering Scholarship at Technische Universität Dresden in Germany for 2022/2023