The scholarship enables the recipient to participate in doctoral-level programs in the field of electrical and electronic engineering that are offered by the University of the Sunshine Coast.
Applications for 2022: Embedded Intelligence PhD Scholarships – University Of The Sunshine Coast, Australia are being accepted. This program is open to both domestic and international students.
- HOST: University Of The Sunshine Coast
- LOCATION: Australia
- OFFERED SUBJECT: Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering
- LEVEL: PhD
- ELIGIBLE NATIONALITY: Domestic Students, International Students
- TYPE: Partial Funding
- DEADLINE: 20 August 2022
The topic of this scholarship is “Embedded Intelligence – Deep Learning Algorithms and Architectures for Efficient Hardware Implementation,” and it will be awarded to a student who is pursuing a doctoral degree in the School of Science, Technology, and Engineering. A person who has a strong work ethic, is self-motivated, and has a desire to learn and develop as a researcher is the type of person who would be suited for this opportunity. Applicants who have previous experience in the research field (such as artificial intelligence, deep learning, edge architectures, and so on) and practical skills in hardware development (such as FPGA, GPU, LabVIEW, and so on) will be given priority.
The scholarship provides a monthly stipend for living expenses as well as full funding for tuition fees for a period of three years, with the possibility of an additional six months of funding under certain conditions.
- Receive approval for enrollment in the Doctor of Philosophy program at the University of the Sunshine Coast.
- Not possess a qualification that is comparable to the one that is being sought at the moment in the application process.
- Possess a Bachelor of Arts degree with a first-class honors standing, or demonstrate a level of achievement equivalent to that with other academic qualifications or professional research experience.
The criteria for selection
- Academic Accomplishment (You are to evaluate the level of academic performance exhibited by the candidate)
- The Capability of Research (Assess evidence of research preparedness and capability)
A list of requirements for a specific project
- Knowledge of the research field (artificial intelligence, deep learning, edge architectures, etc.) along with hands-on experience in the development of hardware (e.g., FPGA, GPU, LabVIEW, etc).
How To Apply:
The application process will consist of two stages as follows:
Expression of Interest, which is the first stage:
- Applicants who are interested in the position should send an email titled “Expression of Interest” (EOI) to the contact person, along with any supporting documents.
- The expression of interest will be evaluated by the scholarship selection committee. If your application is successful, you will be contacted for an interview.
- The applicant who is favored will receive an invitation to formally submit an application.
The formal application is the second stage (only if you have been invited to apply)
- Please take the time to read the important information that is included in the How to Apply for an HDR Program at USC document.
- The application form for the USC Research Scholarship (USCRS) can be downloaded and filled out online. Make sure that you address each of the selection criteria that are listed on the page of the advertisement that you are responding to.
- Include the completed application form for the USCRS along with your submission for the HDR Program.
- scholarship award is contingent upon the applicant fulfilling the eligibility requirements for entry into a higher degree by research program at the University of Southern California. If you have not been accepted into the program, there is no chance that you will be extended an offer for a Scholarship.
- If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact the Graduate Research School at [email protected]. They will be able to assist you.
See What Others Are Reading: