Faculty of Science International Scholarship for MRes Physics at the University of Strathclyde, Scotland
The Faculty of Science at the University of Strathclyde is awarding international scholarships for MRes Physics in Scotland for the academic year 2023-2024.
Financial aid positions will be awarded competitively to those who demonstrate exceptional academic performance (current and past) and any relevant extra-curricular or professional experience in their entrance application.
- University or Organization: University of Strathclyde
- Department: Faculty of Science
- Course Level: Full-time Postgraduate Research
- Award: Tuition fees £4,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 5
- Nationality: EU and International
- The award can be taken in Scotland,.
About the University of Strathclyde
The University of Strathclyde, founded in 1796 as the Andersonian Institute, is a public research institution located in Glasgow, Scotland. It is the second-oldest university in Glasgow. It is worldwide acclaimed for its creative research, instruction, and student support. According to the QS World University Rankings, it is among the top 300 universities in the world.
Why choose the University of Strathclyde?
At the University of Strathclyde, students have access to a flexible, innovative learning environment where they receive first-rate instruction in state-of-the-art facilities. Faculty members at Strathclyde are devoted to developing graduates who are prepared for the workforce. Strathclyde is renowned internationally for its exceptional industry placements, scholarships, and international study options.
The University of Strathclyde will offer £4,000 in scholarships to new international students enrolling in the MRes Physics program.
- Eligible Countries: Applications will be accepted from all around the world such as Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia , Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory (BIOT), British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Myanmar, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Channel Islands, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus (European Union), Cyprus (Non-European Union), Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Timor Leste, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands , Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France , Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guam, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran , Iraq, Israel, Italy, Cote Divoire, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea (North) , Korea (South), Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao (Special Administrative Region of China) , Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Occupied Palestinian Territories , Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn Henderson Ducie and Oeno Islands , Poland, Portugal , Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Georgia and The South Sandwich Islands, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, St Helena Ascension and Tristan da Cunha, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Sudan, Surinam, Eswatini, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City, Venezuela, Vietnam, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia ,and Zimbabwe.
- Acceptable Courses or Subjects: The fellowship will be provided for full-time postgraduate research in physics and science offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: Candidates for a Faculty of Science International Scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Be a new, foreign, fee-paying student who has been offered a full-time place in MRes Physics in the Faculty of Science beginning in January 2023.
- Be self-funded. Students who receive fully-funded programs, such as from a government agency or consulate, are ineligible.
How to apply
- How to Apply: You must be a new student with an offer of admission to MRes Physics to apply for a scholarship. For applicants who want to start in January 2023, a link to the application form will be sent to them by email or in their offer letter.
- Documents to Back It Up: The following items must be given to the university by the students:
- First-class or upper-second-class Honors degree, or the equivalent overseas, in physics or a related subject from a well-known school.
- CV and proof that you can speak English.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must meet the program and entry requirements of the university. Applicants must have a first or 2:1 UK Honours degree, or the equivalent from another country, in a relevant field from a well-known school.
- Language requirement: Students must know English well or get a score of at least 6.5 (with no component below 6.0). If English is not your first language, you will also need a recent Secure English Language Test (SELT) that has been recognized by UKVI.
14 December 2022.
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading: