The New Colombo Plan (NCP), which was announced in 2014, intends to improve Indo-Pacific understanding in Australia by encouraging Australian undergraduates to study and intern in the region.
The New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program awards around 120 scholarships each year to a broad group of Australian undergraduates studying a wide range of subjects in up to 40 Indo-Pacific destinations.
Scholars participate in overseas programs that may last up to 19 months and include academic study, language instruction, and either an internship or a mentorship.
The NCP Scholarship Program is proud to have an active alumni community that provides support to former Scholars in their efforts to share their experiences, promote the NCP, and continue to expand their knowledge of and professional connections within the Indo Pacific region.
The development of a more knowledgeable, capable, and connected alumni community from Australia that has a deeper understanding of the Indo-Pacific area is one of the Strategic Objectives of the NCP. This will help to improve Australia’s standing in the region.
The intended outcomes of the NCP are:
- increased number and diversity of Australian university undergraduates with Indo-Pacific capability
- deeper people-to-people and institutional relationships between Australia and the Indo-Pacific region, and
- students and alumni connected with leaders in government, business and civil society in the Indo-Pacific.
See Also:Scholarship from Monash University for 2022-23 (Fully Funded)
About Flinders University
Flinders University is a public university,located in Adelaide, South Australia. It was founded in 1966 and named after Matthew Flinders, who explored and mapped the South Australian coastline in the early nineteenth century.
Flinders is a green university and a member of the Innovative Research Universities (IRU) Group, ranking 10-16 in Australia and 36th in the world among universities founded in the last 50 years. The university pioneered a cross-disciplinary approach to teaching, and its faculties of medicine and the humanities are considered among the top 10 in the country.
The university is placed among the top 400 universities in the world according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities. The most recent Times Higher Education rankings of the top universities in the world place Flinders University between 251 and 300.
The student who receives the New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program Mobility Grant will be eligible to receive funding for up to 19 months of academic study in the Indo-Pacific area. This may include language instruction, industry internships, and/or mentorships.
Eligibility for New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program
To be eligible for a New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program and to remain eligible throughout their Scholarship program, an applicant must meet the following requirements:
- be nominated by their home university for the NCP Scholarship Program
- be an Australian citizen.
- not a recent citizen or permanent resident of their proposed host location(s).
- be registered in and pursuing at least one Bachelor’s Degree or Bachelor Honours Degree at an Australian campus of an Australian university until completion of all study components of the New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program. (If a Scholar completes their home degree requirements after completing the compulsory study component of their NCP Scholarship Program, they may request to DFAT for permission to continue with the remainder of their NCP Scholarship Program.) On a case-by-case basis, this will be considered.).
Also Check:Tasmania University Australia Scholarship 2022-23 (Fully Funded)
- be between 18 and 30 years of age (inclusive) for non-Indigenous applicants, or between 18 and 35 years of age (inclusive) for Indigenous applicants, on 1 January 2022
- have attained a minimum 70 percent graded average or equivalent for their undergraduate course at the time of application, as determined by the nominating home university
- not be a prior recipient of an NCP Scholarship, and
- not be an employee of the branch of DFAT that administers the NCP.
During the length of their Scholarship, students must continue to meet these qualifying standards.
Scholars may not begin another offshore scholarship or mobility award while pursuing their Scholarship program unless otherwise allowed by DFAT.
Scholarships are only available to scholars who have been recommended by their home university. Students interested in applying for a scholarship may contact the NCP Scholarship Liaison Officer or their home university’s international office.
Each Australian university may nominate up to ten students who are currently enrolled there without having to rate them. Each Australian institution establishes its own method for selecting nominees, however the eligibility requirements and assessment criteria should be taken into account.
How to Apply for New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program
Contact the Learn Without Borders team to express your interest in being considered for this New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program.
For more information,visit Flinders University’s website.
Application Deadline: July 19, 2022
See What Others Are Reading:
- Harvard University Academy Scholars Program in the USA for 2022/2023
- Durham College Canada English Proficiency Entrance Scholarship 2023
- Gordon F. Henderson Postdoctoral Scholarship At University Of Ottawa In Canada