Flinders University 2023 Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship for Undergraduate Students
The Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship (ICAS) was established by the Commonwealth government and Flinders University to assist indigenous students with accommodation and/or relocation costs associated with their studies at Flinders University.
This round is open to any student who is currently enrolled in a degree program at Flinders University, including applicants who applied but were unsuccessful in a previous round.
- Type: Undergraduate
- Organisation: Flinders University
- Country to study: Australia
- School to study: Flinders University
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: February 3, 2023
About the Flinders University
Flinders University is a South Australian public university. It was named after navigator Matthew Flinders, who explored and surveyed the South Australian coastline in the early nineteenth century.
Flinders is a verdant university and a member of the Innovative Research Universities (IRU) Group, ranking 10-16 in Australia and 36th in the world among those established less than 50 years. Academically, the university pioneered a multidisciplinary approach to education, and its faculties of medicine and humanities are among the top ten in the country.
The number of ICAS available each year will be determined by the Commonwealth government’s annual funding. Each scholarship will be worth $7500 per year and will be paid in two installments of $3750.
All scholarship applicants must:
- Be of Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent; and
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; and
- Be accepted as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander by the community in which they live or have lived; and
- Normally be enrolled full-time at Flinders University in an undergraduate course of study or the Foundation Studies program; and
- Have a permanent home address in Inner or Outer Regional, Remote or Very Remote Australia as defined by the Australian Standard Geographic Classification (ASGC); and
- Have relocated to undertake study as per section 2.10.15 of the Commonwealth Scholarship Guidelines (Education) 2010; and
- Not be in receipt of a Relocation Scholarship (available to ABSTUDY and Youth Allowance recipients); and
- Not be in receipt of the ABSTUDY residential costs payment
Scholarships will be available to both new and continuing students. Previous Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship recipients may reapply, but they will be limited to a total of eight payments.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online via the Flinders University Student System by the deadline. Please ensure that all of your personal information in the Student System is up to date, as this information will be used to assess you.
For more details, visit Flinders University website.
February 3, 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading: