The Commonwealth government and Flinders University have established the Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship (ICAS) to assist indigenous students with accommodation and/or relocation costs related to their Flinders University studies.
This round is open to any student currently admitted to a degree programme at Flinders, including those who applied but were unsuccessful in a previous round.
- Type: Undergraduate
- Organisation: Flinders University
- Country to study: Australia
- School to study: Flinders University
- Course to study: View course
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: March 8, 2023
See Also: University of Melbourne 2023 Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholarship, Australia
About the Flinders University
The public Flinders University is located in Adelaide, South Australia. It was founded in 1966 and named after Matthew Flinders, who explored and mapped the South Australian coastline in the early nineteenth century.
Flinders is a green university and a member of the Innovative Research Universities (IRU) Group, ranking 10-16 in Australia and 36th in the world among universities founded in the last 50 years.
The university pioneered a cross-disciplinary approach to teaching, and its faculties of medicine and the humanities are considered among the top 10 in the country.
The number of available ICAS each year will be determined by the annual funding provided by the federal government. Each scholarship will be worth $7,500 per year, payable in two $3,750 installments.
Also Check: DST Scholarship for Continuing Students at Flinders University 2023
All applicants for a scholarship must:
- Be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent in Australia; and
- Identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Australian; and
- Community acceptance as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; and
- Be enrolled full-time at Flinders University in an undergraduate or postgraduate programme or the Foundation Studies programme; and
- Have a permanent home address in Australia’s Inner or Outer Regional, Remote or Very Remote regions, as defined by the Australian Standard Geographic Classification (ASGC); and
- Have relocated to pursue studies in accordance with section 2.10.15 of the 2010 Commonwealth Scholarship Guidelines (Education); and
- Not be receiving a Relocation Scholarship (available to recipients of ABSTUDY and Youth Allowance); and
- Not receiving the ABSTUDY residential expenses payment
There will be scholarships available to both new and continuing students. Previous Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship awardees may reapply, but will be limited to a total of eight payments.
How to apply
Online applications must be submitted through the Flinders University Student System by the specified deadline. Please ensure that all of your personal information in the Student System is accurate, as you will be evaluated using this information.
For more details visit: Flinders University website.
March 8, 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading:
- NT Health Scholarship at Flinders University 2023
- International Ambassador Scholarship for International Students at UWL 2023
- Boston University 2022 Trustee Scholarship for Undergraduate Students