Impactful PhD research that is co-funded by Flinders and Reclaim PV can alter lives and the course of the globe.
A PhD Enterprise Scholarship is being made available by Flinders University and Reclaim PV for creative research on silicon solar panel recycling.
On this research project, Flinders Institute for Nanoscale Science & Technology and Reclaim PV are working together to create a silicon solar panel recycling process that has the highest material output at the lowest energy input.
Reclaim PV, a well-known and dynamic Australian-owned and operated solar panel recycling company, brings significant industry experience to the project.
The company strives to ensure 100% material recycling and that no material is dumped in landfill through innovative and reasonably priced collection and recycling services.
The Flinders Institute for Nanoscale Science & Technology has complementary research capabilities in the field of solar energy and is dedicated to offering sustainable solutions for a changing world.
- Type: PhD
- Organisation: Flinders University
- Country to study: Australia
- School to study: Flinders University
- Course to study: View courses
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: January 31, 2023
About the Flinders University
In Adelaide, South Australia, there is a public university called Flinders University. It was established in 1966 and is called in honor of the explorer and surveyor of the South Australian coastline in the early 19th century, Matthew Flinders.
Flinders is a verdant university and a member of the Innovative Research Universities (IRU) Group, ranking 10-16 in Australia and 36th in the world among institutions established less than 50 years. The institution established a cross-disciplinary method of teaching, and its faculties of medicine and the humanities are among the top 10 in the country.
This PhD Enterprise Scholarship offers:
- Tax-free earnings of $33,000 per year (2023 full-time rate, adjusted yearly) for up to 3.5 years
- Joint supervision provides access to academic and industrial knowledge.
- A welcoming atmosphere in which to master cutting-edge research methodologies and become an expert in your field.
- The opportunity to oversee a large research project and respond to obstacles in novel ways
- A collaborative research community where you may improve your abilities and network to further your research career.
- During an internship with Reclaim PV, you will be able to put your research talents to use.
Flinders PhD Enterprise Scholarship Courses
- Chemical Engineering
To be eligible for a PhD Enterprise Scholarship you will need:
- To be an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or to possess or be eligible to obtain a relevant overseas visa; and
- Meet the Flinders University PhD entry standards, which include an Australian Honours degree Class 1 or 2A or an equivalent qualification (at least AQF Level 8), or proof of equivalent research experience, such as refereed publications or considerable experience as a lead researcher; and
- Scholarship applicants are required to begin their studies as soon as possible, within a timetable determined by the Office of Graduate Research in agreement with the industry partner, up to a maximum of three months from the time the scholarship is accepted. This time may be extended to 6 months in extraordinary circumstances and with the consent of the industrial partner and the University.
- Any other qualifying requirements applicable to the industrial partner/research project (eg have or able to apply for a National Police Criminal History Check) It is also preferable for candidates to have:
- Honours or Master’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- A desire to collaborate with an industry partner
How to apply
Complete the attached Higher Degree by Research Scholarship Application Form and submit it to Professor Mats Andersson at [email protected] with any supporting evidence.
Applications close: 31 January, 2023
To learn more about this interesting scholarship opportunity, please email Professor Mats Andersson at [email protected]
Please keep in mind that in order to earn the scholarship, successful scholarship applicants must also apply for and be approved to HDR candidacy at Flinders University. Apply for a Higher Degree by Research for more details.
If a successful awardee is chosen, the scholarship applications may conclude sooner than announced. The project’s start date will be determined in cooperation with the project lead, with the hope that the successful awardee will begin as soon as possible.
For more details, visit Flinders University website.
January 31, 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading: