Flinders University and the South Australian Commission for Excellence and Innovation in Health are collaborating to improve the Australian health system through effective PhD research.
The Commission is the government institution in South Australia in charge of health-care innovation. This means that the applicant will receive academic and health service experience while conducting research that is directly relevant to the delivery of health care in the real world.
- Receive a tax-free scholarship of up to $28,854 per year (2022 full-time rate, adjusted annually) for up to 3.5 years.
- During an internship at the Commission for Excellence and Innovation in Health, you will be able to put your research abilities to use.
- Type: PhD
- Organisation: Flinders University
- Country to study: Australia
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: December 30, 2022
About the Flinders University
In Adelaide, South Australia, there is a public university called Flinders University. It was established in 1966 and is named in honor of the explorer and surveyor of the South Australian coastline in the early 19th century, Matthew Flinders.
A member of the Innovative Research Universities (IRU) Group and a thriving university, Flinders is ranked 36th globally and in the top 10 in Australia among institutions founded less than 50 years ago. The university established a cross-disciplinary method of teaching, and its faculties of medicine and the humanities are among the top 10 in the country.
This PhD Enterprise Scholarship provides:
- $28,854 per year (full-time rate for 2022, adjusted annually) is exempt from taxation for up to 3.5 years.
- Access to academic and business knowledge via collaborative supervision
- A conducive environment to master cutting-edge research techniques and become an authority in your field.
Possibility to manage difficult research projects and respond creatively to obstacles.
- A collaborative research community where you can advance your research career by enhancing your abilities and expanding your network.
To qualify for a PhD Enterprise Scholarship, you must:
- To be an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident, or to possess a relevant overseas visa or be able to apply for one; and
- Satisfy the Flinders University PhD entrance standards – an Australian Honours degree Class 1 or 2A or comparable qualification (at least AQF Level 8) or evidence of equivalent research experience, such as refereed publications or substantial experience as a lead researcher; and
- Other eligibility requirements pertinent to the business partner/research project (e.g., have or able to apply for a National Police Criminal History Check)
In addition, applicants should possess:
- Experience in quantitative data analysis
Engaging with stakeholders
Knowledge about Australia’s health care system
Please be aware that the scholarship application deadline may be shortened if a successful candidate is selected. The project start date will be determined in cooperation with the project manager, with the expectation that the successful awardee will begin as soon as possible and ideally in 2022.
How to apply
Complete the Higher Degree by Research Scholarship Application Form and email it to Professor Jon Karnon at [email protected] along with any supporting documentation .
Contact Professor Jon Karnon at [email protected] for more information about this amazing scholarship opportunity.
Please note that in order to earn the award, successful scholarship applicants must also apply for and be admitted to HDR candidature at Flinders University. Refer to Apply for a Research-Based Advanced Degree for additional information.
Visit the Flinders University website for additional information.
December 30, 2022
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading:
- University of Tokyo Todai Fellowship 2022
- Radboud Scholarship Programme at Radboud University,2023
- ETH Zurich Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme 2022