This scholarship is open to candidates who wish to participate in research-level program(s) in any of the subjects that are offered at universities in Australia.
Applications are being accepted for the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Fully Funded Australia Awards Scholarships for International Students 2023. International students may apply for this program.
- HOST: Australian Universities
- LOCATION: Australia
- OFFERED SUBJECT: All Subjects
- LEVEL: Research
- ELIGIBLE NATIONALITY: International Students
- TYPE: Fully Funded
- DEADLINE: 30 July 2022
Scholarships provided by the Australia Awards program are long-term grants that are managed by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
Their goal is to make a positive contribution to the economic growth of Australia’s partner nations in accordance with the terms of existing bilateral and regional agreements.
Australia Awards Scholarships are available for the minimum time required to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. In general, the following advantages apply:
- full tuition fees
- air travel both to and from Australia, including payment for a single round-trip ticket in economy class and travel via the most direct route possible.
- a one-time payment known as an establishment allowance, which serves as a contribution toward living expenses, textbooks, and other educational supplies.
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) is a payment made every two weeks toward essential living costs at an amount that is predetermined by the relevant government agency.
- The Introductory Academic Program, also known as IAP, is a prerequisite course that students are required to take before beginning their formal academic studies. This program provides students with essential information regarding life and education in Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (only for the award holder) — This is provided to cover the scholar’s fundamental medical costs while they are studying overseas (with the exception of pre-existing conditions)
- Fees for the Pre-course English (PCE) program, which may be made available to students for in-country and/or in-Australia training if it is determined that such programs are required
- The availability of additional academic support may be made possible in order to guarantee the academic success of a scholar or improve their overall academic experience.
- fieldwork (for research awards and Masters by coursework that have a research component where fieldwork is mandatory) may be available to eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia. fieldwork may be required for research awards and Masters by coursework that have a research component where fieldwork is mandatory.
Applicants need to be from Asia, the Pacific, the Middle East, or have contacts in the respective country.
How To Apply:
Before you fill out the form:
- Check the opening and closing dates for your country, and then select your country of citizenship or residence from the list of participating countries to get specific information on eligibility, priority areas, and how to apply for the program. The opening and closing dates will be listed on the page that lists the participating countries.
- You are required to read the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook in order to apply for one of these scholarships. The manual contains information such as general requirements for eligibility, selection procedures, entitlements, and responsibilities. Take note that the Handbook is subject to arbitrary and unannounced revisions and updates by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade at any time.
- While some nations strongly encourage and even make it possible to submit applications online, others only accept applications in paper form. Please refer to the profile of your participating country for further information.
Using the online application system
- Go to the Australia Scholarships Information System that is available online (OASIS). In order to determine whether or not you are eligible, you will be asked a few questions during the online registration process. After that, you will be provided with a one-of-a-kind registration number, along with a username and password.
- You are under no obligation to send in your application right away. You have the option of creating a draft application form and continuing to revise it, along with any supporting documentation, until the closing date that is specified on the participating country profile that is relevant to you.
- Your application cannot be modified after it has been submitted. We strongly encourage people who are interested in applying online to do so well in advance of the deadline. In the days leading up to the application deadline, OASIS experiences peak usage, which can cause applicants to experience delays.
- If you require assistance, please consult the Applicant’s Online User Manual.
Sending in an application by mail
- You have the option of submitting your application through the mail if you are unable to do so online. In order to obtain a hardcopy application form and any other templates, such as referee reports, please check the profile of your participating country to find the contact information (if applicable).
- You have until the deadline that has been set for your country to submit application forms in hard copy, fully filled out, along with any supporting documentation. Examine the starting and ending dates applicable to each nation.
Documentation to back up claims
Check the profile of your participating country to see if your country has any additional requirements for supporting documents, such as referee reports (template below):