Eligible individuals can apply for Fully Funded Australia Awards Scholarships for International Students 2023.
This program is open to college students. All subjects taught at Australian universities are eligible for the award.
- Host: Australian Universities
- Location: Australia
- Offered Subjects: All Subjects
- Level: Research
- Eligible nationality: International Students
- Type: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 29 August 2022
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade administers Australia Awards Scholarships, which are long-term financial aid packages for international students.
According to bilateral and regional agreements, they aim to support the growth of Australia’s international partners.
There are no restrictions on the length of time a student can be awarded an Australia Awards Scholarship, including any preparatory training that is required by the Australian higher education institution. Generally speaking, the following advantages are available:
- full tuition fees
- return air travel–payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- establishment allowance–a once only payment as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) – a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department.
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)–a compulsory program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on living and studying in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)–provided to cover the scholar’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre-existing conditions)
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees–if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training
- supplementary academic support may be available to ensure a scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience
- fieldwork (for research awards and Masters by coursework which have a research component where fieldwork is compulsory) may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
To Apply, applicants must be from Asia, the Pacific, the Middle East, and in-country contacts.
If you intend to apply, you must read the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook. The handbook provides information including general eligibility requirements, selection processes, entitlements and responsibilities. Note that the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade may revise and update the handbook at any time without notice.
Click here to view the policy hand book
How To Apply:
Some countries encourage and allow you to apply online while others require hard-copy applications.
Click here to See your participating country profile for more information.
There are various ways of applying;
Go to the Australia Scholarships Information System (OAIS) to learn more about scholarships (OASIS). As part of the registration process, you’ll be asked to provide some basic information about yourself. A registration number, username, and password will be sent to you at that point.
In order to apply, you do not have to do so right away. An application draft can be created and updated together with all supporting material up until the specified closing date listed on each participating country’s profile.
As soon as your application has been accepted for review, it cannot be modified. Before the application deadline, we strongly recommend that applicants apply online. In the days before the deadline, OASIS is at its busiest and candidates may face delays.
If you need assistance, consult the Applicant’s online user manual.
Click here to Go to the Online Australia Scholarships Information System
Must Read: Monash Graduate Scholarships (Co-funded)
Application by Mail
If you are unable to apply online, you can mail in your application. If you are interested in obtaining a hardcopy application form and any other templates, please check your country profile (if applicable).
The date for submitting hard copy application forms and supporting documentation, as defined by your nation, must be met.
Click here to check your participating country profile
Find out if your country requires extra supporting documentation, such as referee reports, by checking your country’s participating country profile (template below).
See what others are reading: