The Gates Cambridge Scholarship program was established in October 2000 by a US$210m contribution from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge.
Each year, Gates Cambridge grants about 80 full-cost scholarships to international students to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree at Cambridge. Two-thirds of these prizes are for PhD candidates, with 25 in the US and 55 internationally.
At any given time, Cambridge has 225 Scholars from 50 nations studying across its departments and colleges.
The Gates Cambridge aim is to establish a global network of future leaders. It achieves its objective by selecting excellent scholars, providing financial and non-financial assistance at one of the world’s best institutions, and fostering community building at and beyond Cambridge.
- Type: Postgraduate
- Organisation: University of Cambridge
- Country to study: United Kingdom
- School to study: University of Cambridge
- Course to study: Not specified
- State of Origin:
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline September 30, 2022
About University of Cambridge
The University of Cambridge has a long history, and people travel from all over the world to visit its renowned Colleges and university buildings. However, the University’s museums and collections also house a wealth of treasures that offer fascinating insights into some of the academic activities that the University’s academics and students have engaged in in the past and present.
The University is a self-governing community of scholars and one of the oldest universities in the world. Its international recognition for outstanding academic achievement is a testament to the intellectual prowess of its students as well as the top-notch original research conducted by the University and Colleges’ staff.
This section of our website looks to the past to find the roots of much of what is distinctive about the University of today. Many of the University’s traditions and unusual terminology can be traced to roots in the early years of the University’s long history.
Aim and Benefits of Postgraduate Scholarship
This scholarship will cover the total cost of your education in addition to providing you with additional funding.
Requirements for Postgraduate Scholarship Qualification
- Citizens of any nation outside of the United Kingdom are eligible for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship.
- Academic excellence is a criterion for selection for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship.
- Candidates with outstanding leadership potential will be taken into consideration.
- He or she must be dedicated to enhancing others’ quality of life.
- You ought to submit an application to one of the University of Cambridge’s full-time residential programs listed below:
- One-year postgraduate program (with some exceptions
- The following courses are not eligible :
- Any Undergraduate degree, such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)The following courses are not eligible :
- Business Doctorate (BusD)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
How to Apply
Interested and eligible,Kindly Visit the University of Cambridge on apply.postgraduate.study.cam.ac.uk to apply.
September 30, 2022
See What Others Are Reading:
- Sabanci University Scholarship 2022
- Bank of America Internships 2023 | Bank of America Summer Internship 2022
- KAUST VSRP Internship Program 2023 for International Students