We are pleased to announce the 2023 Western Michigan University (WMU) Global Education Merit Scholarship, which will be available to international students beginning in the Fall of 2023 and continuing.
WMU is proud of its long history of supporting international student success and well-being. We are one of only 50% of public universities that offer an international student scholarship.
- Type: Undergraduate
- Organisation: Western Michigan University
- Country to study: United States
- School to study: Western Michigan University
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2023
About the Western Michigan University
International Student and Scholar Services (formerly International Admissions and Services and Immigration Compliance) recruits and assists students from all over the world who want to study at Western Michigan University.
International Student and Scholar Services staff help international students achieve their educational goals while maintaining a positive living and learning experience on campus. International Student and Scholar Services also acts as a point of contact between international students and various University departments.
The services offered improve multicultural understanding and facilitate interactions between international students, the University, and regional communities.
The WMU Global Education Merit Scholarship provides first-time international students with annual awards of $5,000 based on merit (distributed at $2,500 for Fall and Spring semesters) for a maximum of four years (equal to 8 semesters for Fall and Spring semesters).
- Undergraduate degree-seeking student enrolling at WMU for the first time after high school or transferring from another post-secondary institution during the FALL semester. Undergraduate degree pathway programs are included.
- Non-resident international status.
- Intending F-1 SEVIS active full-time students to study in the US.
- 3.5 minimum cumulative GPA (on a four-point scale)
Note: International undergraduate students who apply for and enroll in fully online degree programs (programs that consist entirely of online courses) will be ineligible for the scholarship.
How to apply
- Complete academic admission by March 1, 2023, with all application materials AND the required Personal Statement essay. There is no need for an additional application.
- Essay on Personal Statement (REQUIRED):
You must submit a one-page (maximum 500-word) typewritten essay along with your online application by the deadline. Please explain and highlight your curricular and co-curricular achievements and activities that are relevant to your current plans and goals at Western Michigan University and beyond in the essay.
For more details, visit WMU website.
March 1, 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading: