Global Human Development Programme (GHD) Full Master’s Scholarships at Georgetown University in 2022: The Global Human Development Program (GHD) at Georgetown University’s Edmund A.
Walsh School of Foreign Service is pleased to announce at least one full-tuition scholarship and a number of partial scholarships for GHD students from sub-Saharan Africa, made possible by the generosity of the Amre and Caroline Heinz-Youness Family and the William and Catherine McGurn Family.
- Type: Postgraduate
- Organisation: Georgetown University
- Country to study: United States
- School to study: Georgetown University
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2023
About the Georgetown University
The Global Human Development Program’s objective is to equip students with the knowledge and skills they need to successfully navigate the challenges of international development through coursework, internships, extracurricular activities, and hands-on fieldwork.
The field of international development today, according to experts and seasoned practitioners, demands workers with strong analytical skills, specialized knowledge of certain development sectors, and pertinent skills gained through firsthand, practical experience. All of these competencies are provided to graduates of this degree along with a supportive cohort and alumni network.
A full tuition scholarship for a sub-Saharan African GHD student.
In addition to the curriculum,Students apply the skills and knowledge they acquire in the classroom to three separate professional job experiences:
- The summer field project (a fully-funded abroad work experience of two to three months);
- A semester-long internship at a suitable international development organization or agency in Washington, DC; and
- The culminating project (a two-semester client engagement project emphasizing project management and analysis).
GHD is a practitioner-focused curriculum; therefore, one year of international development work experience is necessary, with two years of professional experience preferable. Prior to admission, all applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree.
Applicants for the Global Human Development Program must satisfy the following criteria:
- An undergraduate degree.
- Completion of introductory macroeconomics, microeconomics, and statistics courses (must be completed before enrollment in August, not necessarily before applying).
- Functional proficiency in English and one additional language (students must pass an oral proficiency exam before graduation, implying that they will have a reasonable command of one foreign language before entering the program).
- Experience living, studying, and working abroad for several years is greatly recommended.
- Either the GRE (recommended) or GMAT exam must be taken and scores submitted before the application deadline.
Documents Required for Application
- Online application
- Personal statement
- Supplemental data sheet
- Transcripts and test scores (GRE and TOEFL/IELTS) must be official.
- Three recommendation letters
How to apply
Are you interested and qualified? To apply to Georgetown University, visit ghd.georgetown.edu.
January 15, 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading:
- University of Tokyo Todai Fellowship 2022
- Radboud Scholarship Programme at Radboud University,2023
- ETH Zurich Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme 2022