The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is pleased to invite applications for the Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship to Foreign Students Tenable in Brunei Darussalam for the 2023/2024 academic year.
The Scholarship allows applicants to pursue studies at the Diploma, Undergraduate Degree, and Postgraduate Master’s Degree levels at the following Bruneian institutions of higher learning:
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD),
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA),
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB),
- Kolej Universiti Perguruan Ugama Seri Begawan (KUPU SB) and
- Politeknik Brunei (PB).
The academic year commences July/August 2023.
- Type: Postgraduate
- Organisation: Government of Brunei Darussalam
- Country to study: Brunei Darussalam
- School to study: Kolej Universiti Perguruan Ugama Seri Begawan (KUPU SB), Politeknik Brunei (PB), Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD), Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA), Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB)
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: February 15, 2023
The Brunei Darussalam government scholarship provides full funding for international students to study in Brunei. All expenses will be paid.
Ineligible applications will be rejected. Please check that you meet the following eligibility criteria before you apply:
- Not be older than 25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programs, and 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programs, on the first day of July of the year the course/programme begins.
- Have a Credit 6 at GCE ‘O’ Level Examination or a Grade “C” in IGCSE English (as a second language) or an IELTS score of 6.0 or a TOEFL minimum score of 550 in English.
NOTE: The Scholarship is primarily intended for international students who are studying for the first time in Brunei Darussalam. Bruneians, Brunei Permanent Residents, and international students currently studying or who have previously studied in Brunei tertiary institutions are NOT eligible.
How to apply
- The Scholarship application deadline is February 15, 2023.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview at a location(s) determined by the institutions offering the programs, as well as a written examination to assess their proficiency in the English/ Malay/ Arabic language (where applicable).
- The Brunei Darussalam Government reserves the right to reject any application. The decision on candidate selection is final. Any disagreements or inquiries about the decision will be ignored.
- Documents to be uploaded in the BDGS Application Form:
- Recent passport size photograph.
- ?Certified true copies of academic qualifications and other supporting documents (i.e. certificates, testimonials, transcripts).
- Certified English translations of supporting documents must be submitted for documents that are not in English.
- Certified true copies of Birth Certificate and Passport.
- References and recommendations from referees. (C1 and C2)
- For queries related to courses/programmes offered, please browse the following links:
- To apply, please fill in the online Application Form at the following link – BDGS Application Form.
- Applicants applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also complete an online application through https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome/
February 15, 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading: