The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program offers support to the top postdoctoral candidates from around the nation and around the world who will significantly advance the nation’s social, economic, and scientific advancement.
The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council, and the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) each get an equal number of fellowships (SSHRC)
Fields of Research:
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering
- Social sciences and/or humanities
- Type: PhD
- Organization:Government of Canada
- Country to study: Canada
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: September 21, 2022
About Government of Canada
The Canadian federal government is responsible for the country’s federal administration. In Canadian English, the phrase can refer to either the collection of institutions or the Queen-in-Council specifically.
Aim and Benefits of Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program’s aims are to:
- attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally
- develop their leadership potential
- position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow
$70,000 annually (taxable)
Requirements for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Qualification
- Citizens of Canada, permanent residents of Canada, and foreign nationals are eligible to apply according to the Program’s requirements (Link below)
You May Also Like: Khalifa University Graduate Scholarship 2023 in UAE (Fully Funded)
- Applicants to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program for 2021-22 must meet or have met all degree criteria for a PhD, PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree, including:
- between September 15, 2018 and September 30, 2022 (inclusively), and
- before the start date of their award.
- Applicants who have not completed all degree requirements at the time of admission must provide evidence by October 15, 2022.
- The eligibility window applies to the most recent of the applicant’s PhD, PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
Unique to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is its emphasis on the interdependence of the following:
- applicant: Individual excellence and potential for a successful research-intensive career.
- host institution: dedication to the research program and compatibility with the strategic aims of the institution.
The application for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships must be completed in full consultation with the chosen host institution.
How to Apply
Before applying for this Fellowship, it is essential to consult the Application Guide.
For more information,Kindly visit the website.
September 21, 2022
See What Others Are Reading:
- Chinese Government Scholarship 2023
- International Scholarship from the Deakin Vice-Chancellor, 2022-23
- University Of Birmingham UK DeepMind Scholarship For Postgraduate Program 2022/2023