I Tatti – The Harvard University Center for Italian Renaissance Studies and the German Historical Institute in Rome are offering a residential scholarship for the academic year 2023-2024.
This fellowship is open to citizens of any nation, who may submit an application. The fellowship provides post-doctoral academics working in African studies (or closely related themes) with a ten-month position to do historical research in Italy with the support of two institutes with active academic communities.
- University or Organization: Harvard University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Post-doctoral
- Award: Euro 2,500 per month
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 1
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in
About the Harvard University
I Tatti is a hub for cutting-edge humanities research with offices in Florence, Italy. It is part of the Harvard University Center for Italian Renaissance Studies. There are English and Italian gardens there as well as a library and an art gallery. It belongs to the American university Harvard.
Why Study at Harvard University?
Thanks to its top-notch faculty, state-of-the-art facilities, and individualized training, it’s the perfect place to pursue both your established academic interests and uncharted ones. Harvard University offers classes, research facilities, and faculty mentors to its students.
- Fellows are given a workstation during their visit by the German Historical Institute in Rome (DHI – Deutsches Historisches Institut in Rom).
- The DHI library, archive, and collections are utilized by fellows for leisure.
- There is a €2,500 monthly stipend in addition to a €1,000 incentive for renting expenses.
- Eligible Countries: All student nationalities may apply. Eligible Countries
- Acceptable Courses or Subjects: Any course provided by the university will qualify for the scholarship.
- Eligibility: The applicants must fulfill each of the requirements listed below in order to be eligible:
- Applicants must already possess their PhD certificate at the time their application is submitted. Additionally, a scan of it must be uploaded by them.
- The certificate should be accompanied by a translation if it is not in English.
- Special consideration will be given to academics from the African continent.
- Each successful applicant must receive approval from both organizations.
How to apply
- How to Apply: Those who want to apply must fill out the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: The students must send the university the following papers: Recommendation letters, job offers, curriculum vitae, passport, and academic records.
- Requirements for admission: Those who want to join must have a master’s degree.
- Language requirement: Applicants must be fluent in English, Italian, German, or French, and also be skilled in a second one of these languages.
November 20th, 2022.
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading: