Hatfield Lioness Scholarship for Female Students from Developing Countries at Durham University 2023
Hatfield College aims to award the Lioness Scholarship to an individual who possesses the academic and personal qualities necessary to successfully complete and benefit from a postgraduate programme, and who will also act as a positive ambassador for their home country in Durham, and put their enhanced knowledge and skills gained from the master’s programme and experience in Durham to good use for the benefit of their society upon their return home.
The award was established to commemorate 30 years of women students at Hatfield College, University of Durham, and is supported by alumni, friends of the College, and other sources sympathetic to the prize’s objectives.
- Type: Masters
- Organisation: Durham University
- Country to study: UK
- School to study: Durham University
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2023
See Also: University of Melbourne 2023 Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholarship, Australia
About the Durham University
Durham University (officially the University of Durham) is a public, coeducational research university with a second campus in Stockton-on-Tees, England. It was established in 1832 by a parliamentary act and awarded a royal charter in 1837.
It claims to be the third-oldest university in England, which would make it the seventh or eighth-oldest institution in the United Kingdom, however this is contested. The Durham University estate has 63 listed structures, ranging from Durham Castle in the 11th century to an Art Deco chapel from the 1930s.
Moreover, the institution owns and oversees the Durham World Heritage Site alongside Durham Cathedral. The university owns Durham Castle, Palace Green, and the adjacent buildings, notably the mediaeval Cosin’s Library, as part of the World Heritage Site.
The scholarship will cover:
- Complete payment of University tuition
- Allowance for living costs – twelve monthly instalments
- One economy round-trip ticket from the home country to the United Kingdom plus the cost of round-trip transportation between the UK airport and Durham City
- Fully subsidised, self-catering, mixed housing is available at Hatfield College.
- “Settling-in bonus” upon arrival
- Expense of UK visa and UK Health Supplement
- The Scholarship does not fund dependents or travel during the Scholarship year.
- The accommodation is for the Scholarship recipient exclusively; dependents are not permitted.
Also Check: University of Edinburgh 2023 The Catto Combined MSc and PhD Scholarships, Centre of African Studies
- Before June 2023, applicants must have applied for and been given an unconditional spot in their desired master’s programme.
- The applicant must not be receiving any other funding for their postgraduate study.
- Female applicants are required.
- hold a relevant bachelor’s degree of adequate quality for admission to your desired master’s programme; and
- meet all other course entry requirements, including English language requirements;
- not possess a Master’s degree;
- not otherwise have the financial resources to pursue a Master’s degree in the United Kingdom.
How to apply
Are you interested and qualified? To apply, visit the Durham University on forms.office.com
- Step 1: Submit an academic application for your preferred master’s programme, noting your intend to apply for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship.
- Step 2: Submit an application for the Scholarship using the form provided;
- Stage 3: Provide all supporting documentation (letter of offer from Durham University, academic transcript, references, and IELTS certificate) to [email protected] by email by the deadline.
March 31, 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading:
- TWAS-SN Bose 2023 Postgraduate Fellowship Programme
- International Ambassador Scholarship for International Students at UWL 2023
- Boston University 2022 Trustee Scholarship for Undergraduate Students