Applications are being accepted for the Central Queensland University Australia HeART of the Basin Scholarships for the academic years 2022-23. This program is open to both domestic and international students.
All subjects taught at Central Queensland University are eligible for this award.
The scholarship application deadline has been established for those who wish to apply.
- Host: central Queensland University
- Location: Australia
- Offered Subjects: All Subjects
- Level: Postgraduate
- Eligible nationality: Domestic Students, International Students
- Type: Partial Funding
- Deadline: 28 MAY 2022
For the sixth year running, CQUniversity’s Fitzroy Basin HeART of the Basin Scholarship is awarding a CQUniversity Research student with an Honors, Masters by Research, or PhD degree in a field related to improving waterway health and/or the understanding and use of waterways in the Fitzroy Basin an opportunity to further their education.
An applicant must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for the HeART of the Basin Scholarship:
- Be enrolled in an Honors, Masters by Research, or PhD program at CQUniversity in a suitable field of study. Research fields that are relevant include:
- Built Environment
- Environmental Science
- Be studying on campus in Rockhampton or through online study
- Devote a portion of your scholarship to an accepted research topic that will help improve the quality of waterways in or around the Fitzroy Basin.
- Be a citizen or a permanent resident of Australia
- Not have received a CQUniversity Scholarship of the same or higher amount from another institution.
- In order to be considered, applicants must submit a 750-word essay explaining their research interests in waterways and their long-term professional goals.
Applicants will also be required to supply provide:
- Evidence of the ability to create and achieve professional and personal goals
- Academic background and job experience (academic transcript and resume);
- A letter of recommendation from their prospective CQUniversity Project Supervisor.
- A pledge to future recognition of the Fitzroy Partnership for River Health
- A commitment to mentioning Fitzroy Partnership for River Health in future papers/presentations referencing the water research, to be available to present at relevant water/research events mentioning Fitzroy Partnership for River Health, and to agree to their photos/images being used on Fitzroy Partnership for River Health products.
How To Apply:
To determine the successful applicant, a section panel comprised of Fitzroy Partnership for River Health representatives will be convened. CQUniversity scholarships are quite competitive. All submissions are graded according to how well candidates handle the selection criteria and how well they compare to other applicants. Being eligible or a previous beneficiary is no assurance of a successful application. A scholarship will only be given if there is a qualified candidate. All candidates should be aware that any requests for additional information to support their application will be directed to their designated email address. Students must resubmit any additional information necessary. Failure to resubmit further information will result in the application being deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Because applications are accepted directly by the Fitzroy Partnership for River Health, the Scholarships and Financial Assistance Team is unable to give students with updates on the status of their specific application until all evaluations have been completed. Students will only receive notification of the outcome of their application via their student email addresses. Decisions are binding.
Examine and download the HeART of the Basin Scholarship Application Form by clicking the bellow button:
See What Others Are Reading: