ICGEB provides competitive Postdoctoral Fellowships in Life Sciences to highly motivated scientists who want to conduct postdoctoral research in a world-class scientific setting.
The Fellowships offer a very competitive package that includes a stipend, health insurance, and other benefits. Following completion, the most successful fellows will be entitled to apply for ICGEB Early Career Research Grants to finance their own research programs as young PIs upon return to an ICGEB Member State.
- Type: Fellowship
- Organisation: International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB)
- Country to study: India, Italy, South Africa
- Course to studyNot specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2023
About the International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB)
The ICGEB, which was established under UNIDO in 1983, is a unique, autonomous Intergovernmental Organization with biotech labs in Italy, India, and South Africa.
- Monthly stipend: Euro 2,000 in Trieste (Italy), US$ 1,590 in New Delhi (India), and ZAR 23,000 in Cape Town (South Africa).
- Travel: The fellowship includes a provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the start of the fellowship and a provision for return travel at the end of the fellowship.
- For the duration of the fellowship, medical health insurance is given.
- The research group’s budget will cover all research costs.
- Visa/stay permit application and renewal fees are covered.
- The Group Leader / PI usually provides assistance with meeting and course participation.
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be completed in their home country unless they have worked abroad for at least the last three years and at the time of application.
- Applicants must have a recent PhD in Life Sciences or at least three years of research experience.
- Candidates under the age of 35 are given preference.
Documents Required for Application
Please keep in mind that the following documents (pdf files) will be required to be uploaded:
- Your complete CV
- Academic records (PhD degree certificate issued by the degree-granting University with the official seal/s and signatures, to be submitted in the original language with an official English translation of each document).
- Written Statement from the Group Leader of the ICGEB
- A valid form of identification (passport or identity card). Passports should be valid for at least 12 months.
- English Diploma (TOEFL, Cambridge or similar). When scholastic education is completed in English, this paper is not required.
How to apply
Applicants should send a motivation letter to the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of their choosing in order to determine the availability of laboratory space and to outline the research project proposal that will be an integral component of the application.
Please keep in mind that a written statement from the ICGEB Group Leader you contacted and who is willing to support your project is required in order to apply.
For more details, visit ICGEB website.
March 31, 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading: