If you are a high-achieving undergraduate or Master’s student with a strong desire to pursue a PhD at a world-class research institution, a President’s PhD Scholarship could offer you the exceptional opportunity to receive full funding for tuition fees and a generous stipend for a 3.5 year PhD place at Imperial College London.
The President’s PhD Scholarships enable students to pursue a research project of their choosing with the assistance of an outstanding advisor, as well as possibilities to establish a cohort with other President’s PhD Scholars.
- Type: Masters
- Organisation: Imperial College London
- Country to study: United Kingdom
- School to study: Imperial College London
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: Not Specified
About the Imperial College London
Imperial College London is a top-ten university with a global reputation for teaching and research excellence.
Imperial, which is consistently ranked among the best universities in the world, is committed to developing the next generation of researchers, scientists, and academics through interdisciplinary collaboration.
Imperial, located in the center of London, is a multidisciplinary venue for education, research, translation, and commercialization, which leverages science and innovation to address global concerns.
Each of the fifty eligible scholarships gives the following support over the three-and-a-half years of study:
- Complete coverage of tuition costs
- An annual stipend of £22,900 (2023-24 rate) to aid with living expenses.
- A yearly allowance of £2,000 for the first three years of education.
- A schedule of tailored programs and events provided by the Graduate School.
You will also have access to the complete spectrum of support offered to postgraduates at Imperial, including specialized support for disabled and overseas students, as well as the Graduate School’s comprehensive programme of courses in professional skills.
- International students of various backgrounds and nations may apply.
- This scholarship allows for both full-time and part-time studies.
- Candidates must possess or be on track to obtain a first-class or comparable undergraduate or integrated master’s degree; and/or
- Candidates with a stand-alone Master’s degree must have earned a distinction or be able to demonstrate that their outstanding performance will result in a distinction.
How to apply
Before submitting an application, you must have contacted a supervisor in an academic department at Imperial College London who has agreed to oversee your research project. Please remember that each supervisor may only oversee one scholar at any given time. For additional information, please visit the President’s PhD Scholarships – Unavailable Supervisors website.
There isn’t a particular application form for scholarships. Our online admissions portal is where you should submit your application to study at Imperial, and your department will nominate you for the scholarship based on your academic standing and potential.
In addition to meeting any extra admissions standards outlined by the department of your choosing, you must adhere to the admissions rules pertaining to the scholarship.
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading:
- University of Deakin Australia 2023 Den Hollander Scholarship
- University of Arizona 2022 Global Wildcat Scholarship
- Carleton University 2023 Richard Van Loon Scholarships for African Students in Canada for Bachelor