The Commonwealth government and Flinders University have established the Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Top-up Scholarship to provide additional support to students living on campus who receive the Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship (ICAS).
The number of ICAS top-up scholarships available annually will be determined by Commonwealth government funding. The value of the scholarship will be determined annually.
This round is open to all students currently admitted to a degree programme at Flinders, including those who applied but were unsuccessful in a previous round.
- Type: Undergraduate
- Organisation: Flinders University
- Country to study: Australia
- School to study: Flinders University
- Course to study: View course
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: March 8, 2023
See Also: University of Melbourne 2023 Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholarship, Australia
About the Flinders University
The public Flinders University is located in Adelaide, South Australia. It was founded in 1966 and named after Matthew Flinders, who explored and mapped the South Australian coastline in the early nineteenth century.
Flinders is a green university and a member of the Innovative Research Universities (IRU) Group, ranking 10-16 in Australia and 36th in the world among universities founded in the last 50 years.
The university pioneered a cross-disciplinary approach to teaching, and its faculties of medicine and the humanities are considered among the top 10 in the country.
The scholarship covers up to one year of full-time study.
The first semester payment will be made directly to the student, while the second semester payment will be deposited into the student’s Flinders Living account. Part-time students with exceptional circumstances, such as disability, illness, or caregiving responsibilities, are eligible for scholarships. Part-time recipients of scholarships will receive the same annual value as full-time recipients.
Also Check: DST Scholarship for Continuing Students at Flinders University 2023
Every applicant for an ICAS scholarship must meet all of the following requirements. Applicants must
- Be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent in Australia; and
- Identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Australian; and
- Community acceptance as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; and
- Be enrolled full-time at Flinders University in an undergraduate or postgraduate programme or the Foundation Studies programme; and
- Have a permanent home address in Australia’s Inner or Outer Regional, Remote or Very Remote regions, as defined by the Australian Standard Geographic Classification (ASGC); and
- Have relocated to pursue studies in accordance with section 2.10.15 of the 2010 Commonwealth Scholarship Guidelines (Education); and
- Be residing on campus at Flinders’ Bedford Park; and
- Need to demonstrate financial hardship.
- Be in receipt of an ICAS
Former recipients of an Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Top-up Scholarship may reapply, but will only be eligible for a total of four payments.
How to apply
No separate application is necessary for this Top-up scholarship. A request for an Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship (ICAS) also requests an Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Top-up Scholarship (ICAS Top-up).
For more details visit: Flinders University website.
March 8, 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading:
- NT Health Scholarship at Flinders University 2023
- International Ambassador Scholarship for International Students at UWL 2023
- Boston University 2022 Trustee Scholarship for Undergraduate Students