International Research Scholarships in Asteroseismology are awarded to University of Sydney, Australia, students who require financial assistance for research.
The scholarship will provide a stipend equal to the University of Sydney Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend rate (indexed on 1 January of each year) for a maximum of three years, contingent upon satisfactory academic performance.
- University or Organization: University of Sydney
- Department: School of Physics
- Course Level: Postgraduate research
- Award: $35,950
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic or international student
- The award can be taken in Australia
About the University of Sydney
Australia’s University of Sydney, founded in 1850, is a world-class teaching and research institution that offers a vast array of programs. The university is one of the six sandstone institutions in Australia.
It offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate degrees. The institution believes in education for all and leadership that betters the lives of the people in all places it serves.
Why should you choose to study at the University of Sydney?
Consistently ranked among the top 50 universities in the world, the University of Sydney is a global leader in education, research, student experience, and graduate employability. The university encourages everyone to fulfill their full potential and never places restrictions on the pursuit of excellence based on a person’s history or circumstances.
The initiative will provide up to $35,950 in stipends for asteroseismology research. Subject to excellent academic achievement, the scholarship will give a stipend similar to the University of Sydney Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend rate for up to three years.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Postgraduate Research in asteroseismology is an eligible course or subject.
- Eligibility Requirements: To qualify, applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be an American or foreign student
- Have a conditional admission offer or be enrolled in a full-time PhD program at the Faculty of Science.
- Be willing to perform stellar astrophysics research
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can first apply for admission through a portal set up by the university. After you’ve signed up, you have to fill out an online application form for the chance.
- Supporting Documents: The students must give the University the following papers:
- Academic merit
- Area of study and/or research proposal
- Curriculum vitae
- Previous research experience.
- Academic Transcripts
- Requirements for admission: Applicants must have a first-class honors degree or a master’s degree in a related field with a large research component.
- Language Requirement: If English isn’t your first language, you have to show proof that you can speak English before you can start college.
The application deadline is August 29, 2022.
See What Others Are Reading: