Students of exceptional merit are invited to apply for the International Rector’s Scholarships at Jagiellonian University. The university is currently accepting applicants for the 2022-2023 academic year.
The scholarship is intended to encourage applicants to enroll in an undergraduate program at Jagiellonian University in Poland.
- University or Organization: Jagiellonian University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: PLN 800 per month
- Number of Awards: Limited
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Poland
About the Jagiellonian University
Krakow’s Jagiellonian University is a public research university. It is Poland’s oldest university and the world’s 13th oldest university in continuous operation. The Jagiellonian University is consistently ranked among the world’s top universities.
It is regarded as Poland’s most prestigious academic institution. The primary language of instruction is Polish, but approximately 30 degrees are available in English and some in German.
Why study at the Jagiellonian University?
Students who graduate from Jagiellonian University succeed in academia, diplomacy, and business. They work for organizations including the World Bank, the Polish Ministries of Foreign Affairs and National Defense, the President’s Office of Poland, and other well-known businesses in Poland and around the globe.
- The scholarship amount is PLN 800 per month for nine months, paid monthly via wire transfer to the student’s Jagiellonian University bank account. In subsequent years, 10% of the top students are awarded the scholarship, with the ranking based on the sum of points for average grade, scientific and creative accomplishments, and outstanding athletic performance.
- The special allowance is offered to the student who is experiencing a challenging life circumstance. Check the section above titled “Entitlements” to determine who is eligible for the special allowance.
- Theft, fire, flood, serious illness of the applicant or a family member of the applicant, or the death of a family member are grounds for submitting a claim for the special allowance. The application must be filed within three months of the event date.
- The special allowance has a maximum value of about PLN 2,000. It is paid once to the student’s bank account via wire transfer.
- Countries Eligible: All nationalities
- The scholarship will be awarded in any topic offered by the university.
- Eligibility Requirements: To qualify, applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- It is awarded to students in their first year of first- or long-cycle studies in the year of the matriculation exam.
- The educational system laws list the winners of the worldwide Olympiad or the winners or finalists of the Olympiad of the central degree.
- The medalist sports competition for the Polish champion in a given sport was governed by these rules.
- All applicants for enrolment in first-cycle and long-cycle studies must possess either a Polish high school diploma or a document allowing them to enroll in undergraduate studies in the issuing nation.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Those who want to apply must be accepted to a university for an undergraduate degree. For this grant, all applications will be looked at.
- Documents to Back It Up: For the entry, the following papers must be sent in:
- A questionnaire about you with a picture;
- Personal Questionnaire and a photo for a student ID card
- Valid passport
- Apostle or legalized or Higher education diplomas earned outside of Poland.
- Power to do something.
- Diploma of higher education
- Occupational medicine doctor’s certificate
- Certified documents translations
- When you sign up, you can upload documents.
- Documents that are sent out electronically
- Documents for making your stay legal.
- The proof of health insurance
- Admission To get into Jagiellonian University, a student must meet all of the requirements.
- Language Requirement: The students must send in their scores from the following English tests:
Cambridge B2 First (grade C or above), Cambridge C1 Advanced, Cambridge C2 Proficiency, IELTS Academic (at least 5.5 points), TOEFL (minimum iBT: 72 points, ITP: 543 points, CBT: 180 points),
Degree in English Philology; Diploma of Studies Done in English; IB Baccalaureate Diploma; EB Exam Certificate;
Citizenship of a country where the official language is English;
The application deadline is August 31, 2022.
See What Others Are Reading:
- Chancerygate Foundation Bursary for International Students at LSBU, UK
- Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grants for International Students in Canada
- University Of New South Wales Scholarships For International Students In Australia 2022