The Peking University (Overseas Students) Scholarship was established in 2012 to provide financial assistance to excellent international students pursuing an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at Peking University.
There are two categories for the scholarship: full scholarships and partial scholarships. The entire scholarship includes tuition expenses, a monthly stipend (including a living allowance), and health insurance coverage. The partial award covers solely tuition fees.
- Type: Postgraduate
- Organisation: Peking University
- Country to study: China
- School to study: Peking University
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: May 2023
See Also: University of Melbourne 2023 Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholarship, Australia
About the Peking University
Peking University, established in 1898 as the Imperial University of Peking, was China’s first national comprehensive institution and the education authority at the time.
Since 1949, when the People’s Republic of China was established, it has evolved into a comprehensive university offering basic instruction and research in both the humanities and the natural sciences. The 1978 reform and opening-up of China ushered in an unprecedented era for the University.
Also Check: University of Edinburgh 2023 The Catto Combined MSc and PhD Scholarships, Centre of African Studies
The monthly stipend is given as follows: –
Undergraduate : 2000 CNY/month
Postgraduate : 2500CNY/month
PhD : 3000CNY/month
The applicant must hold an offer to study as an international student (freshman) at Peking University and not have received any other scholarship assistance. Students enrolled in professional degree programs, joint degree programs, or programs taught in English are ineligible.
How to apply
Are you interested and qualified? To apply visit Peking University on www.studyatpku.com%29.
- Visit the PKU Online Application System (http://www.studyatpku.com), click “Scholarship Application” – “New student,” and submit the application form.
- Please send the appeal letter to ISDPKU in person or by mail before the deadline.
- The committee will evaluate the submissions.
- The candidate selection list will be submitted for final assessment.
- The list of successful applicants will be released.
Scholarship recipients will be required to undergo an annual evaluation in April in order to continue receiving the award the following year.
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading:
- TWAS-SN Bose 2023 Postgraduate Fellowship Programme
- International Ambassador Scholarship for International Students at UWL 2023
- Boston University 2022 Trustee Scholarship for Undergraduate Students