The Lutfia Rabbani Foundation and the Leiden University Fund have agreed to renew their collaboration on September 15, 2021. This reaffirms both organizations’ commitment to supporting exceptional talent from the MENA region, emphasizing the importance of international scholarships as a tool for promoting Euro-Arab dialogue.
It will provide financial assistance to students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement as well as a strong desire to promote Euro-Arab dialogue. The Fund will provide one full scholarship per year to an Arab Master’s student attending a Master’s programme at Leiden University.
Furthermore, the scholarship is bolstered by a mentoring program that provides the scholarship recipient with personal and professional guidance as well as access to the Foundation’s extensive and diverse network and platforms.
- Type: Masters
- Organisation: Leiden University
- Country to study: Netherlands
- School to study: Leiden University
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: June 1, 2023
About the Leiden University
Leiden University, founded in 1575, is one of Europe’s leading international research universities. It has seven faculties as well as campuses in Leiden and The Hague. Praesidium Libertatis – Bastion of Liberty – is its motto.
The Leiden University Fund – Lutfia Rabbani Foundation Scholarship has a maximum award of €30,000.
The scholarship is open to Arab students who have received an official letter of acceptance into a one-year Master’s program at Leiden University. Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, or Yemen nationals are eligible.
Documents Required for Application
Applications for these scholarships must include copies of the following:
- Motivation and purpose statement (in English)
- Curriculum Vitae (in English)
- Copy of passport
- Copies of degrees or diplomas with academic transcripts (with English translations)
- Two signed references from either academic or professional referees (in English)
- Letter of acceptance from Leiden University. In order to meet the March 31st deadline for the scholarship, applicants should apply to Leiden University no later than February 1st for the September intake. Applications may take between 4-6 weeks to be processed by Leiden University. Without a letter of acceptance from Leiden University, the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation cannot consider applicants for a scholarship.
- A detailed programme outline of the Master study the scholar intends to pursue at Leiden University (in English)
- Budget: please be thorough in completing your budget to include tuition fees (and whether you have applied to other scholarship funds) as well as necessary expenses to be incurred during the academic year. The maximum amount that may be awarded is € 30,000 for an academic year. You can use this Budget Template.
- Signed and dated Application Form (the form can also be downloaded in the application portal).
How to apply
For more details, visit Leiden University website.
June 1, 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading: