Three scholarships are available to support the training and development of the next generation of global health leaders, as well as the capacity of African health systems and health-related research.
These highly competitive scholarships are available to applicants planning to study on a one-year, full-time (face-to-face) MSc programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine in London (LSHTM).
- Type: Masters
- Organisation: London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM)
- Country to study: United Kingdom
- School to study: London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM)
- Course to study: View courses
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2023
About the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM)
LSHTM was founded in the London Docks in 1899 and is now based in Bloomsbury, with two main campuses on Keppel Street and Tavistock Place, as well as satellite campuses in The Gambia and Uganda. Today, our employees, students, and alumni work in government, academia, international organizations, and health care systems all over the world. Learn more about LSHTM’s history.
Three scholarships are available for the 2023-2024 academic year. Each scholarship will cover
- tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees, and
- a tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 19,500.00.
GSK Scholarships Courses
- Climate Change & Planetary Health
- Clinical Trials by Distance Learning
- Control of Infectious Diseases
- Demography & Health
- Epidemiology by Distance Learning
- Global Health Policy by Distance Learning
- Global Mental Health
- Health Data Science
- Health Policy, Planning & Financing
- Health in Humanitarian Crises by Distance Learning
- Immunology of Infectious Diseases
- Infectious Diseases by Distance Learning
- Medical Microbiology
- Medical Parasitology
- Medical Statistics
- Nutrition for Global Health
- One Health: Ecosystems, Humans and Animals
- Public Health
- Public Health by Distance Learning
- Public Health for Eye Care
- Reproductive & Sexual Health Research
- Sexual & Reproductive Health Policy and Programming (online)
- Tropical Medicine & International Health
- Veterinary Epidemiology
To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must:
- Be Sub-Saharan African nationals or residents; intend to return to Sub-Saharan Africa after completing their MSc year at LSHTM; and
- Submit the Supplementary Questions Form to confirm that they would not be able to pay for the proposed program of study otherwise; and
- Meet the minimum English language requirements of LSHTM; and
- Possess a first degree with a first or upper second class equivalency, and
- Hold an offer of admission for one of LSHTM’s 19 London-based intensive MSc programmes of study in 2023-24.
How to apply
There are two steps to the application process. Applicants must meet all eligibility criteria and complete both steps outlined below by the scholarship deadline of 23:59 (GMT) on Wednesday, March 1, 2023.
- Step 1: Apply for a London-based MSc programme of study in 2023-24, following the instructions on the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant programme of study page.
- Step 2: Submit an online scholarship application, selecting the ‘2023-24 GSK Scholarship for Future Health Leaders’ scholarship option from the drop-down menu. As part of this application, a completed Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship must be uploaded. Step 2 only requires this attachment (as applicants should have already submitted references; transcripts; a CV etc with their application for study).
For more details, visit LSHTM website.
March 1, 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading: