International students can apply for the Marcus Oldham College Scholarship 2022-2023, which is partially sponsored. These scholarships are available to students pursuing undergraduate degrees. In the appropriate academic year, the Dr. Alastair Mackenzie International Scholarship Funds will cover $15,000 of the fees.
Marcus Oldham College offers a one-of-a-kind educational opportunity for young people interested in pursuing a career in the Australian Wool Industry at all phases, including wool science and technology, wool growing, and textile production.
WISS Woolbrokers is the sponsor of the Dr. Alastair Mackenzie Scholarship. WISS is a grower-owned and controlled wool broker that was founded in 1979 by woolgrowers. BJ Underwood Pty Ltd, the Australian Wool Education Trust, and the Geoff & Helen Handbury Foundation are among the other sponsors.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): Marcus Oldham College
- Study in: Geelong, Australia
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Agriculture, Wool science and technology, Plant and crop sciences and Textile production
- Program Period: One year
- Deadline: August 05, 2022
Coverage of Scholarships
The Marcus Oldham College Scholarship provides the following benefits to the recipient:
- Unless the college agrees differently, the scholarship covers $15000 of the fees in the applicable academic year(s).
Criteria for Eligibility
Applicants for the Marcus Oldham College Scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- This scholarship is available to applicants enrolled or intending to enroll in Year 1 of the Agriculture Program.
What is the process for applying for a Marcus Oldham College Scholarship?
To apply for this scholarship, please follow the steps below:
(1) Apply for an admission offer from the Marcus Oldham College by clicking here.
(2) Prepare the following documents:
- Your CV with the contact details of two referees
- A statement of your Year 12 results and university ENTER score if applied for
- Scholarship essay: 500-word essay answering the following question: “In applying for this scholarship you are signaling your interest in a career in the sheep and wool industry. What future activity in the industry do you wish to pursue?”
- College essay: 100-word essay answering the question “What are your career goals and aspirations?”
(3) Submit your scholarship application using:
- The email: [email protected].
- The Fax number 03 5244 1263
- Submit the application by post to the following address.
- Scholarship Coordinator
- Marcus Oldham College
Private Bag 116
Geelong Mail Centre VIC 3221
- Applicants can submit for more than one scholarship, but they can only receive one scholarship in any one academic year. If you’re applying for more than one scholarship, one copy of your CV and one copy of your College essay is sufficient.
- Acknowledgment of receipt of the application will be emailed to the email address you provided on your CV.
- Applicants who are shortlisted for an interview will be advised approximately three weeks before the interview date. Interviews will be conducted on campus at Marcus Oldham on 12th September 2022. The College does not conduct scholarship interviews via Skype, Facetime, or Phone, except for international applicants. If no applicants are deemed to meet the selection criteria scholarships may not be awarded. The College also reserves the right to extend the closing and interview dates.
- The successful applicant will receive a Scholarship Letter of Offer and must advise the College in writing, of acceptance of the scholarships and obligations as a recipient within 7 days of written notification.
To know more about Marcus Oldham College Scholarship, please visit official website:
See What Others Are Reading: