The applications for the Megatrends Africa Fellowships 2022 are now being accepted. African researchers in eligible fields are encouraged to submit an application for a fellowship opportunity in Germany that provides a fully subsidized stipend of € 2,800 per month.
Megatrends Afrika Fellowships: Implications and Options for German and International Policy, new research and advisory project in collaboration between the German Institute for International and Security Affairs (SWP) in Berlin, the German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE) in Bonn and the Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), is awarding three fellowships to post-doctoral researchers from African countries working on Africa-related issues (Ph.D. completion in 2017 or later) (Ph.D. completion in 2017 or later).
- Fellowship Sponsor(s): Megatrends Afrika
- Host Institution(s): Selected Institutes in Germany
- Fellowship Worth: € 2,800 monthly grants (plus other benefits)
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Postdoctoral
- Nationality: Africans
You May Also Like: Seattle University Scholarships 2023 (Fully Funded)
About Megatrends Afrika
The focus of the conference is the recently released “Megatrends in Africa Report,” which identifies six megatrends that Africa is facing: climate change, population growth, migration, urbanization, the demography process, and the development of technology.
They can create opportunities but also set several challenges in the future.
Benefits of Megatrends Afrika Fellowships
Megatrends Afrika Between September 1, 2022, and December 31, 2022, fellowships will be given for up to three months. Fellows are expected to live in the city where their institute is located, which could be Berlin, Bonn, or Kiel. Fellows will get a monthly stipend of € 2,800 as well as a round-trip economy ticket between their home country and Germany.
Post-doctoral scholars from African countries who are researching on Africa-related issues are eligible for the grants (PhD completion in 2017 or later). The candidates’ research proposals will be used to make the final decision. Proposals for study on the following themes are especially welcome.
Conflicts, Statehood, and Actors of Violence in Africa:
- The relationship between conflict and climate change and/or resource management
- The evolving character of armed conflict, including new technologies and influence operations; remote warfare and urban warfare; and advancements in security sector assistance/reform.
- The usefulness of ad hoc regional coalitions or groups in conflict resolution.
Megatrends and Political Authority in Africa:
- The relationship between digitization, political involvement, and democracy/authoritarianism.
- Demographic change and youth movements are altering politics.
- The economic and political effects of urban and increasingly digital middle classes.
- The relationship between climate change and political authority.
External Actors and their Influence on Politics, Societies and Economies in Africa
- African perspectives on China’s economic engagement
- External actors in Africa such as India, Russia, Turkey, or the UAE
How to Apply
All Megatrends Afrika Fellowship applications must be submitted as a single PDF document that includes the following materials in English:
- A one-page cover letter;
- A CV that includes a list of academic publications as well as a sample of two recent research papers;
- Copies of academic transcripts and/or diplomas (no translations required);
- A written concept note (no more than two (2) pages or 1000 words) describing the candidate’s initiative;
- The following items must be included in this idea note:
- An explanation of the project’s academic and policy significance; a discussion of the project/research topic, pertinent project objectives, and an explanation of the project’s academic and policy relevance;
- A description of the theoretical and methodological approaches that the fellow hopes to employ.
For more information,visit here
The Application Deadline for the Scholarship is June 22, 2022
See What Others Are Reading:
- University of Macau China Bachelors and Masters Scholarships for International Students in 2022-23
- Yale University Scholarships 2022 (Fully Funded)
- Lincoln University 180-Credit Taught Master Merit Scholarships For International Students, New Zealand 2022