Brief Description about Merit Scholarships For International Students, Germany 2022-23
- Partial Funding
- University of Hamburg
- Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Graduate
- All Subjects
- International Students
With its merit scholarship program, Universität Hamburg supports outstanding international students and doctoral researchers in all subjects and at all degree levels who have been socially committed and actively involved in an international context. The awarding of a merit scholarship allows recipients to concentrate fully on their studies and gives them the opportunity to develop their skills.
Merit Scholarships For International Students, Germany 2022-23 is available to undertake Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Graduate level programs at University of Hamburg.
The following categories of study are open to students who are awarded funding through this particular scholarship program.
♦ All Subjects.
The maximum monthly funding sum is €850. Depending on the availability of funding, individual doctoral researchers may be awarded a merit scholarship totaling €1,000 per month (roughly 2–3 merit scholarships are awarded per round).
Merit scholarships are awarded for 2 semesters (total of 12 months). You can reapply for a scholarship. In well-founded exceptional cases, the maximum funding period is 3 years.
- Have been enrolled in your subject at Universität Hamburg for at least 2 semesters and are pursuing a degree (students in 2-year master’s degree programs and doctoral researchers can apply after 1 completed semester);
- Do not hold German citizenship;
- Are not eligible for the federal student loan scheme.
Follow the link for your chosen application period and log in using your STiNE ID:
Application form (deadline: 15 April)
Application form (deadline: 15 October)
You will then be invited to register and to complete your application.
You must upload the following documents to the online application portal:
- Letter of motivation: please use this form.
- Proof of social and/or intercultural activities (if applicable)
- Record of achievements: STiNE printout or list of course certificates. Master’s students and doctoral researchers submit their final certificate.
- Evaluations from 2 professors or junior professors at Universität Hamburg. In justified cases, other teaching staff at Universität Hamburg can also prepare evaluations.
Only applications completed in full and submitted by the application deadline can be considered. Therefore, begin compiling your application documents early on and have these ready to upload to the application portal.