The Netherlands Government Scholarships 2022-2023 are fully financed master’s and short-course scholarships available to international students. The Orange Knowledge Program, which is funded by the Dutch government, provides free living expenses, tuition fees, visas, round-trip airline tickets, and health insurance.
This scholarship seeks to promote the ability, information and performance growth of both people and organizations in the area of higher education and vocational education as well as in other areas linked to the key topics in the program nations.
On July 1, 2017, the Netherlands Fellowship Programs (NFP) entered a new phase as a new program known as the Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP). The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs is the driving force behind OKP, which is fully supported.
Government of the Netherlands Scholarship Summary
- Master’s Degrees and Short Courses are the most common levels of study
- Various Institutes in the Netherlands are the institution(s) of choice (Studyfinder)Netherlands is a great place to study.
- Short-term courses are offered (duration 2 weeks to 12 months). Programmers with a master’s degree (duration: 12–24 months).
- The first round is for master’s and short-term courses.
- Between the 2nd of February and the 22nd of March at 16.00 CET, applications will be accepted.
- Between July 25 and November 21, 2022, both master’s and short courses should begin.
- The second round is for short courses.
- Between the 11th of May and the 28th of June at 16.00 CET, applications will be accepted.
- The courses should begin between November 21, 2022, and February 20, 2023.
- The third round is for short courses.
- Between the 31st of August and the 11th of October at 16.00 CET, applications will be accepted.
- Courses should begin on February 20, 2023, and must be finished by August 31, 2023.
Scholarships from the Dutch Government
- Studyfinder lists all courses that are eligible for an Orange Knowledge Programme scholarship for this application round.
Please keep in mind that each country has its own focus areas, which are taken into account when scholarship applications are nominated and evaluated. Priority is given to applications that fall under a country’s focus areas: Orange Knowledge Program country focal document
MEXT Scholarship 2023 (Fully Funded) Application Process
Coverage of Scholarships
The scholarship is wholly supported by the Dutch government.
- Costs of living are completely free.
- There are no tuition costs to pay.
- Visas are available for free.
- Round-trip tickets are provided for free.
- Health insurance is provided at no cost.
- Grant for Thesis Research
Netherlands Government Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
These factors should be taken into account if you want to be considered for a Netherlands Government Scholarship:
- English is a required language.
- Countries that are eligible: The scholarship applicant is a citizen of, and lives and works in, one of the countries listed on the OKP Country List (see the document Country List for Short courses and Masters ).
- The scholarship applicant is employed by one of the following national or local entities: ministries, secondary or higher vocational or academic education institutions, universities, the private sector, commissions, or non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
- A scholarship applicant may not work for a bilateral or multilateral organization, a non-governmental organization that is internationally active and focused on representing social interests such as development cooperation, nature and environmental protection, health, or human rights, or a for-profit corporation.
- The scholarship applicant is a professional who, due to his or her (1) role, (2) multiple years of relevant work experience, and (3) networks within a theme relevant to local development, is in a position to apply what he or she has learned in practice, or who, through his or her employer, could be put in a position to do so.
- The scholarship applicant is in possession of a valid identification document.
- The scholarship candidate has been accepted into the course or program for which an OKP award is being sought.
- If the local government requires it, the scholarship applicant has included a government statement with the scholarship application (see the document government statement requirement).
- The scholarship applicant demonstrates that the necessary percentage of co-funding for the study is available.
The scholarship applicant’s employer provides a positive reference for the scholarship application, declares that it will continue to pay the scholarship recipient’s salary during the program, and after his or her return, will provide the scholarship recipient with an opportunity to put what he or she has learned into practice.
How do I apply for a scholarship from the Dutch government?
To apply for a Netherlands Government Scholarship, please follow the steps below:
(1) Determine whether or not a course or master’s program is eligible for the award. You can identify appropriate courses in the study Program database www.studyfinder.nl by searching for ‘OKP qualified: Yes’ in the search criteria.
(2) For information on the course, contact the Dutch higher education institution that is delivering it.
- The substance of the course.
- The deadline for scholarship applications has passed (deadlines can differ per Dutch institution).
- The application and selection processes for scholarships.
- The essential application documents and the online application form.
(3) Make sure your application and accompanying paperwork are in order.
(4) Apply online through the Dutch institution that is delivering the course.
Please visit the official website for more information on the Netherlands Government Scholarship:
Website of the Organization Official Website
See what others are reading:
Study in Canada Visa Requirements: A Comprehensive Guide
MEXT Scholarship 2023 (Fully Funded) Application Process
International Mathematical Union Scholarship 2022-23 (Fully-Funded)
Scholarships for International Students at CMU Australia in 2022-23